What: World Refugee Day is a one-day matching campaign focusing on the millions of people around the world forced to flee their homes, and seek refuge in foreign countries. Donations up to $2,500 will be matched at 100% while funds remain and there will be $3,000 in bonus prize for the top fundraising projects.
Why: According to the United Nations High Commissions for Refugees, at the end of 2017, 68.5 million people had been forcibly displaced worldwide. These millions of children, women and men have been driven from their homes by conflict, violence, natural disasters, human rights violations, or persecution. What’s more shocking is that “one person becomes displaced every two seconds.”
Who: The World Refugee Campaign is exclusively for active Partner, Leader, and Superstar organizations on GlobalGiving with projects supported by GlobalGiving’s Syrian Refugee Relief Fund, Rohingya Refugee Relief Fund, and East Africa Drought & Famine Relief Fund. Projects supported by these Funds will be automatically included in the campaign.
New projects and/or project edits must be submitted to GlobalGiving by Tuesday, June 18, in order to be approved in time for inclusion in the World Refugee Day Campaign.
When + Where: GlobalGiving’s World Refugee Day campaign runs from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 ET on Thursday, June 20, 2019. Fundraising totals and bonus prizes will be displayed on the World Refugee Day leaderboard.
How To Get Started:
- Review the Terms + Conditions and watch the campaign webinar to learn more!
- Download campaign graphics and sample email campaign for your June 20 promotion
- Identify fundraising advocates to start Fundraiser pages for this big day!
- Schedule a project appeal to go out on June 20 and let your supporters know about this opportunity to get matched!
- Explore additional World Refugee Day resources! Whether you work with Syrians, Rohingya, or those in East Africa, we’ve got you covered!