Last year we launched our first Top 10 List celebrating organizations in the GlobalGiving community that have demonstrated the greatest commitment to learning and effectiveness. As you probably know, GlobalGiving believes people and organizations that Listen, Act, Learn. Repeat. are the most effective, and we measure your learning and effectiveness through GG Rewards. This November, we’ll launch our second annual Top 10 List of organizations.
If you have completed at least one Effectiveness Cycle on GG Rewards by September 30th, your organization will be eligible to be named in the GlobalGiving Top 10 Nonprofits Committed To Impact List. Our second annual List will again feature the 10 organizations with the most Effectiveness Points from completed Effectiveness Cycles, and we’ll also highlight five honorable mentions—organizations whose submitted learning stories (effectiveness cycles) make us say, “wow!”
We’ll promote the Top 10 List throughout our site and with our partners and also provide winners with digital badges and promotional materials. Winners will also receive award grants; $1,000 for the first place winner, and $500 for the others, including honorable mentions! So take a minute to check in with GG Rewards, complete any unfinished cycles, and share your Listen, Act, Learn. Repeat. stories with us today!
New this year: nominate your best Effectiveness Cycle for an Honorable Mention! If you’d like to make sure we don’t miss your best example of learning and improving, take a quick minute to nominate your best cycle for consideration. We’ll review these alongside other regular submissions in GG Rewards.
Please note: organizations featured in our 2017 List (including Honorable Mentions) will not be eligible to named to the 2018 list, but may again be eligible in future years.
Here are the details you need to know:
Top 10 List Eligibility
- GlobalGiving’s inaugural Top 10 List will be announced in November 2018. The List will include the 10 organizations with highest quantity of Effectiveness Points from completed GG Rewards Cycles. It will also include five Honorable Mentions featuring great learning stories, selected by the GlobalGiving team. All 15 organizations will be considered winners and part of GlobalGiving’s publicity.
- Active Partner, Leader, and Superstar organizations on GlobalGiving that have at least one completed GG Rewards Cycle by Sept. 30, 2018, will be eligible to be chosen as a winner (because they have the highest number of GG Rewards Points) or honorable mention (GlobalGiving staff’s favorites). Expired cycles will not be considered.
- The deadline to update cycles or submit new cycles will be Sept. 30, 2018.
- Winners of our 2017 Top 10 List (including point winners and honorable mentions) are not eligible for the 2018 list, but may again be eligible in future years.
- Points are only counted if they are part of completed cycles and have not expired.
- Honorable Mentions are at the discretion of the GlobalGiving team. The GlobalGiving team will do their best to review everyone’s GG Rewards cycles while searching for Honorable Mentions, but may stop reviews once five exceptional submissions have been found. Organizations can ensure their best cycle is reviewed first by nominating the Cycle on this form. All nominations will be considered.
- During the month of September and October, GlobalGiving staff will spot-review potential winners’ accounts and may delete duplicate cycles or those with incomplete responses, so only relevant content drives eligibility. Final decisions about eligible points are subject to GlobalGiving’s discretion.
- Top point earners may be disqualified if they are under investigation or have received low site visit evaluation scores.
- Winning organizations may be contacted in October and asked to respond to a short interview to help us develop promotional materials. Organizations that do not respond to repeated interview requests within 10 days may be disqualified.
Prizes and Benefits:
- The first place winner will be awarded $1,000.
- Second through 10th place winners will be awarded $500 each.
- Each of the five honorable mentions will also be awarded $500.
- Award prizes are not subject to any fulfillment or transaction fees, and will be sent with the December 2018 disbursement.
- Winners will receive promotional kits which may include a digital badge, a sample press release, and sample social media posts to promote their award. The List announcement may be embargoed until a specific launch date.
- GlobalGiving will also promote the winning organizations on the GlobalGiving website, our social media channels, and through other promotional channels.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to make final decisions on all matters concerning the winning organizations and allocation of award prizes.
Top 10 List Timeline:
- Sept. 30, 2018: deadline for submitting new GG Rewards cycle content
- Oct. 24, 2018: Winners notified of their selection and sent their embargoed badges and promotional kits to prepare for launch
- Nov. 2018: Top 10 List winners announced and award prizes allocated
Have questions about the Top 10 List? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.