Mother, mum, mama, madre, mere, or ma. However you say her name, it’s time to appreciate her! Mother’s Day is just around the corner on Sunday, May 13th, so it’s time to celebrate motherhood and recognize all mother figures in our lives. This year GlobalGiving wants to applaud mothers around the world with you in our 2018 Mother’s Day Campaign!
Whether you work with moms or want to give a gift a gift in her honor, this two-week campaign is for everyone! The Mother’s Day Campaign is open to all active Partner, Leader, and Superstar organizations. It will run from May 1st until May 13th and will have $5,000 in bonus prizes. At the end of the campaign, the top 5 projects with the most funds raised and most unique donors will get a bonus prizes of $1,000, $800, $400, $200, $100 respectively.
Additionally, there will be a 100% match for all new monthly donations started during the campaign up to $200!
All eligible projects and microprojects automatically will be included on the leaderboard—no opt-in required! While all projects will be in the campaign, we recommend picking one to promote throughout the campaign.
As always, please reach out to email@example.com or call at 202.232.5784 if you have any questions!
Mother’s Day Campaign Terms and Conditions
- The 2018 Mother’s Day Campaign starts at 9:00am ET on Tuesday, May 1st, 2018, and ends at 11:59pm ET, on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13th, 2018.
- The two week campaign is open to all active GlobalGiving Partners, Leaders, and Superstars. All associated projects and microprojets will be automatically included on the leaderboard (no opt in required). For microprojects, check the expiration date as GlobalGiving cannot extend the 90 day period.
- New projects and microprojects must be submitted to GlobalGiving by Wednesday, April 25th, to be included in the campaign.
- Project reports, project appeals, and project edits take 1-3 business days to process.
- Emerging organizations and GlobalGiving sponsored projects and funds are not eligible to participate in this campaign.
- Disbursement of funds raised and awarded in this campaign will be included in the usual monthly disbursement process.
- There will be $5,000 in bonus prizes for top performing projects.
- The top five projects with the most funds raised: $1,000, $800, $400, $200, $100
- The top five projects with the most unique donors: $1,000, $800, $400, $200, $100
- No organization can win more than one bonus prize.
- Projects must raise at least $2,000 from 10 to be eligible for bonus prizes.
- To maximize your chance of winning a bonus prize, we recommend organizations pick one project to promote during the campaign.
- Recurring Match:
- New recurring donations up to $200 per donor per project started during this week will get an additional 100% match on their initial donation as long as it remains active for a minimum of four payments.
- The recurring match is good for the entire duration of the campaign.
- Recurring donations made by project leaders or staff of the recipient project or organization are not eligible for matching.
- Online donations must be made by the account or credit card holder.
- Only online donations made using credit card, debit card, PayPal, official GlobalGiving gift cards, and Apple Pay will count on the leaderboard.
- The following forms of donations are ineligible for this campaign: cash, check, CAF check, CAF Online, wire transfers, text-to-give donations, donations made via JustGiving, donations made on a GlobalGiving corporate or organizational giving site, or donations made directly to an organization rather than a project.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- Any activity not in the spirit of requesting separate individuals to support donations is being moderated by GlobalGiving and GlobalGiving reserves the right to permanently disqualify organizations for any attempts of misconduct.
- Tax Efficiency: GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States and England and Wales. Donations made by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns. Donations made by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% added to eligible donations by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP.
- Fulfillment Fee: GlobalGiving charges a minimal nonprofit support fee plus a 3% processing fee. For US and UK registered organizations the nonprofit support fee is 5%; for organizations outside the US and UK, it is 7%. During the Mother’s Day Campaign, the fee only applies to the initial donation and not to bonus prizes or matching funds earned. The fee helps cover the costs we incur to promote your organization and projects, to provide you with fundraising training and tools, and to maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors.
For questions, please contact the GlobalGiving team: firstname.lastname@example.org