As we come up on the six month anniversary of the Italy Earthquake in August 2016, we are reminded of the destruction Italy shouldered during the 6.2 magnitude quake last year. The most recent 5.4 magnitude earthquake and extreme weather conditions makes the original relief efforts for the August 2016 earthquake even more difficult. However, we are encouraged by our partners’ dedication to rebuilding the cities, towns, and lives destroyed beyond the first sixth months of relief efforts. To support your ongoing commitment to Italy recovery, GlobalGiving will match donations to your Italy recovery projects at 100% starting February 24th, 2017.
If you have programs that were impacted, be sure to post a project that is tagged as “disaster recovery” and mentions the earthquake in Italy in August 2016, although your project can be, and most likely will be, inclusive of the most recent earthquake and aftershocks. You project must be tagged and approved by February 21st, 2017 to be eligible. You must also be Partner, Leader, or Superstar status on GlobalGiving.
The campaign will last until funds run out or until 23:59 p.m. EDT on February 23, 2018, whichever comes first. You can find the full terms and conditions below.
GlobalGiving is committed to supporting our nonprofit partners invested in communities impacted by disasters, like the earthquake, and committed to long-term recovery. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the GlobalGiving team at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
- GlobalGiving’s Italy Earthquake 6 Month Anniversary matching campaign begins at 09:00:00 a.m. EST on February 24, 2017.
- The campaign will end at 23:59:59 p.m. EST on February, 23, 2018 or when funds run out, whichever comes first.
- There is $125,000 USD in matching funds available.
- GlobalGiving.org will be matching donations at 100%, up to $5,000 USD (approximately £4,000 GBP; exact exchange rate to be set based on the settlement value of each transaction) per individual donor per organization, while funds last. For example: a donation of $5,500 USD will receive a $5,000 USD match.
- For the purposes of calculating matching amounts, donations made in other currencies will be converted to USD. Donations made in other currencies will be converted to USD. The exchange rate will be estimated at the time of the donation, but may be subject to change until the donation settles with the donor’s bank or credit card. Funds will be disbursed using the exchange rate based on the settlement value of each transaction.
- Active partner, leader, and superstar organizations on GlobalGiving.org are eligible to participate in the Italy Earthquake 6 Month Anniversary campaign.
- Emerging organizations (Accelerator participants) are not eligible to participate in this campaign.
- Projects must be supporting relief, recovery, and/or rebuilding efforts from the 2016 earthquake in central Italy.
- Projects must be tagged “Disaster Recovery.”
- All new projects must be submitted by February 21, 2017, in order to be approved in time for inclusion in the campaign.
- Project and report approvals will take up to 1-3 business days to process. Projects and reports submitted to GlobalGiving by February 21, 2017, will be processed in advance of the start of the campaign.
- Only donations up to $5,000 USD (approximately £4000 GBP; exact exchange rate to be set based on the settlement value of each transaction) per unique donor per organization will be matched. Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted.
- Only online donations made by credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, or a GlobalGiving official gift card are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Online donations made using PayPal, Apple Pay, or credit card must be made by the account or credit card holder.
- Donations made on GlobalGiving corporate sites, organizational giving sites, or through whitelabel are not eligible for matching.
- We encourage you to get donations in early, because matching funds will likely run out quickly.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this matching offer.
- GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- Donations will disbursed monthly as they come in. Matching funds will be disbursed in lump sum at the end of the campaign.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
Tax Efficient Giving & Fulfillment Fee
- GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States and England and Wales. Donations made by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns. Donations made by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% added to eligible donations by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP.
- Fulfillment fee for donations: GlobalGiving charges a 15% fulfillment fee on donations, unless other conditions apply. GlobalGiving works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. The fulfillment fee does not apply to the match. The fee covers all transactional charges such as credit card fees, as well as helps cover the costs we incur to promote organizations and projects, provide them with fundraising training and tools, and maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option, we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee.