GlobalGiving is excited to announce the next Microsoft YouthSpark Bonus Day – April 14, 2015!
The campaign will run on www.globalgiving.co.uk and www.globalgiving.org from 09:00 am EDT until 23:59 EDT with one consolidated leaderboard on www.globalgiving.org announcing donations, bonus prizes, and matching funds. There will be $100,000 in matching funds and 5 bonus prizes. Donations will be matched 50% up to $1,000 per donor per project. Bonus Prizes will be awarded to projects/microprojects with the most unique donors.
To learn more, register for a Webinar here:
- March 25th at 09:00 EDT: http://globalgiving.enterthemeeting.com/m/R8JGCPTK
- March 25th at 15:00 EDT: http://globalgiving.enterthemeeting.com/m/S2TV8HO4
How to join YouthSpark
April 7th is the deadline to submit your eligibility to participate in Microsoft YouthSpark April Bonus Day.
Does your organization want be part of the YouthSpark program? In order to qualify, your organization needs to be (1) working with youth between the ages of 6-24 in the areas of education, job training, or entrepreneurship and (2) currently in Leader or Superstar status on GlobalGiving.
You can apply to participate in YouthSpark programs by filling out the “Eligibility for Microsoft YouthSpark” in the Project Entry System using the following two steps:
- To fill out the section, click “edit project” and go to tab 1 (Basic Information). Once on tab 1 scroll down to the end of the page. You will then see a field called “Eligibility for Microsoft YouthSpark”. Answer “Yes”.
- Enter the number of unique youth that are benefitting from your project.
After you have completed these two steps, you will see that our system has calculated dollars per youth for you. The “Dollars per youth” field is not editable. This field is calculated by taking your requested funding amount and dividing it by the number of unique youths impacted by your project.
- YouthSpark Bonus Day begins at 09:00 am EDT on April 14, 2015 and ends at 23:59 EDT on April 14, 2015.
- The campaign will run on globalgiving.co.uk and www.globalgiving.orgwith one consolidated leaderboard on www.globalgiving.org announcing donations, bonus prizes, and matching funds. For the purposes of calculating matching amounts, donations made in GBP will be converted to USD. Currency conversion will be calculated and set at the start of the Bonus day. Funds will be disbursed using the set exchange rate when the donation was made. Projects must be on www.globalgiving.org, but funds raised on both www.globalgiving.org and www.globalgiving.co.uk will be eligible for the campaign.
- There is $100,000 USD in matching funds available. Online donations of up to $1,000 USD per individual donor per project are eligible to be matched at 50%, while funds last. So for example a donation of $1,000 USD will receive a $500 USD match.
- Bonus Prizes:
- All bonus prizes will be determined at 23:59 EDT on April 14, 2015 pending GlobalGiving approval.
- 1st place for the project/microproject that secures the most unique donors: $5,000 USD
- 2nd place for the project/microproject that secures the 2nd most unique donors: $4,000 USD
- 3rd place for the project/microproject that secures the 3rd most unique donors: $3,000 USD
- 4th place for the project/microproject that secures the 4th most unique donors: $2,000 USD
- 5th place for the project/microproject that secures the 4th most unique donors: $1,000 USD.
- If projects tie for the most unique donors prize then the project that has the most donations raised will receive the bonus prize.
- All bonus prizes and matching will be calculated in USD. Donations made in GBP will be converted to USD using the exchange rate set at the start of the day and disbursed by GlobalGiving as per GlobalGiving’s disbursement policy.
- Only YouthSpark designated projects/microprojects will be matched.
- New projects must be posted by April 7th.
- Projects/microprojects must maintain eligibility for YouthSpark up until the campaign start (YouthSpark banner designates YouthSpark eligibility), at 09:00 am EDT on April 14, 2015. Eligible projects/microprojects on globalgiving.co.uk will be identified with a campaign banner on Bonus day.
- To cross-post your project from globalgiving.co.uk to www.globalgiving.org, you must submit the form to globalgiving.org by March 27, 2015 and must have all updated application materials, if needed, submitted by March 31, 2015 in order to participate. Our Partner Services Team at GlobalGiving.org will respond to your expression of interest form if any further information is needed.
- To express your interest in cross-posting your project from globalgiving.org to www.globalgiving.co.uk, you must submit the form and must have all updated application materials, if needed, submitted by March 31, 2015. GlobalGiving.co.uk will respond to your expression of interest form if any further information is needed.
- Donations made on globalgiving.co.uk will be disbursed to your organization by GlobalGiving UK. They will be collected from donors in GBP and sent in the disbursement currency requested.
- Only online donations (credit card or PayPal) are eligible for matching funds on GlobalGiving.org. Only online donations (debit card, credit card, CAF Online or PayPal) are eligible for matching funds on globalgiving.co.uk.
- Online donations made using PayPal or credit card must be made by the PayPal account or credit card holder
- Donations made on any GlobalGiving corporate or third-party sites using GlobalGiving’s API are not eligible for matching. Additionally, donations made by gift card, check, JustGiving, or text-to-give are not eligible for matching funds.
- Please note that Microsoft and GlobalGiving maintain the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of bonus prizes and matching funds and reserve the right to adjust results if necessary.
- Only donations made by unique donors per project will be matched. Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted.
- We encourage you to get donations in early, because matching funds will likely run out before the end of the day.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this matching offer.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- GlobalGiving will indicate in your donation manager which donations are eligible to be matched based on the time that the donation was made and the method of payment. This does not guarantee that a specific donation will be matched.
- Any donor who makes an eligible donation on YouthSpark Bonus Day will be able to see the matching funds for their donation on their GlobalGiving receipt page if they refresh the receipt page after 60 seconds. This does not guarantee that a specific donation will be matched.
Tax Efficient Giving & Fulfillment Fee
- GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit in the United States. Donations made on globalgiving.org can only be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns.
- co.uk is a registered charity in the United Kingdom. Donations made on globalgiving.co.uk by UK tax payers that provide a full postal address can be claimed for Gift Aid (providing 25% extra to the projects receiving donations).
- Fulfillment fee for donations: GlobalGiving charges a 15% fulfillment fee, and globalgiving.co.uk retains a 10% fulfillment fee on donations, but works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. The fulfillment fee does not apply to the match. The fee covers all transactional charges such as credit card fees, as well as helps cover the costs we incur to promote organizations and projects, provide them with fundraising training and tools, and maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option, we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee.
Have questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.