February is almost over and that means the first Bonus Day is right around the corner! To help your organization propel its fundraising efforts in 2015 GlobalGiving is hosting a Bonus Day on March 18, 2015.
Bonus Days are a great reason for your organization to reach out to your donors and ask them to give. It makes it so their donation goes a little further and gives them a short deadline to make a contribution. It is not only an opportunity for you to get matching funds and bonus prizes, but also an opportunity to engage with your donors and keep them excited about your organization!
We’re offering a 30% match on all donations up to $1,000 per donor per project, while funds remain. There is $60,000 available in matching and matching begins at 9:00:00 EDT and lasts until funds run out or 23:59:59 EDT. There is also $2,000 in bonus prizes available! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to hit your funding goals and supply your supporters with a time sensitive campaign.
GlobalGiving Bonus Day Support
- Take a look at this short video tutorial about how to fundraise on Bonus Day.
- Are you looking for one-on-one support for the upcoming Bonus Day that is being held on March 18th? Sign up for a half hour consultation with Sonja, the campaign manager at GlobalGiving.
- Sign up here to receive an email notification from GlobalGiving when matching funds run out.
- Questions about Bonus Day? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the full terms and conditions for Bonus Day below:
Terms & Conditions
- Bonus Day begins at 09:00:00 EDT on March 18, 2015 and ends at 23:59:59 PM EDT on March 18, 2015.
- There is $60,000 in matching funds available.
- Online donations of up to $1,000 per individual donor per project are eligible to be matched at 30%, while funds last. So for example a donation of $1,500 will receive a $300 match.
- Bonus Prizes:
- All bonus prizes will be determined at 11:59:59 EDT on March 18, 2015 pending GlobalGiving approval.
- The project that raises the most donations on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- The project that secures the most unique donors on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- If projects tie for the most donations raised prize than the project that has the most unique donors will receive the $1,000 bonus prize.
- If projects tie for the most unique donors prize than the project that has the most donations raised will receive the $1,000 bonus prize.
- Projects must be approved and live on the globalgiving.org website by March 16, 2015 to be eligible.
- Only donations made by unique donors per project will be matched. Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted.
- Only online donations made by credit card, PayPal, or a GlobalGiving official gift card are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Donations made on globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites including Benevity are not eligible for matching.
- GlobalGiving funds, such as the Ebola Fund and Girl Effect are not eligible for matching.
- We encourage you to get donations in early, because matching funds will likely run out before the end of the day.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this matching offer.
- Online donations made using PayPal or credit card must be made by the PayPal account or credit card holder.
- GlobalGiving will indicate in your donation manager which donations are eligible to be matched based on the time that the donation was made and the method of payment. This does not guarantee that a specific donation will be matched.
- Any donor who makes an eligible donation on Bonus Day will be able to see the matching funds for their donation on their GlobalGiving receipt page if they refresh the receipt page after 60 seconds. This does not guarantee that a specific donation will be matched.
- GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit in the United States. Donations made on globalgiving.org can only be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns.
- Fulfillment fee for donations: GlobalGiving charges a 15% fulfillment fee on donations but works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. During the March 18, 2015 Bonus Day the fulfillment fee only applies to the initial donation. The fulfillment fee does not apply to the match. The fee covers all transactional charges such as credit card fees, as well as helps cover the costs we incur to promote organizations and projects, provide them with fundraising training and tools, and maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option, we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee.
As always, let us know if you have any questions at email@example.com