It’s GlobalGiving’s favorite time of the year, Photo Contest time! A photo speaks volumes about your work and it captures the essence of what you do and why you do it. A powerful photo engages an audience and shows them in a matter of seconds all the amazing work that you do.
To promote your photos, GlobalGiving is hosting its fifth annual Photo Contest. We can’t stop smiling when thinking about your photo submissions! Read on for more information.
How to submit your photos:
- Upload your organization’s photo submission to your project page by July 22nd, 11:59 pm EDT. Learn how to upload a photo to your project page here.
- Save and submit your project page changes. It will take GlobalGiving staff one to two business days to approve your changes.
- Once your project is approved, please submit your photo’s URL to the Photo Contest. You can find your photo’s unique URL by clicking on the desired photo in your project’s photo gallery and copying the photo’s URL.
- Submit your photo’s URL to the Photo Contest entry form here.
Photo Contest Terms and Conditions
- The photo contest submission deadline is 11:59 pm EDT on July 25, 2014. All Photo Contest submission forms must be submitted by this date.
- All photos must be uploaded to the relevant project page and approved for the GlobalGiving website to be considered for submission.
- Any new photos that must be approved are required to be submitted no later than 11:59 pm EDT on July 22, 2014.
- Only organizations that have an active project on globalgiving.org may participate. Projects on globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving supported corporate sites may not participate.
- Only the top 15 photos in each category will move on to the voting page.
- The five categories are:
o Give Knowledge
o Give Hope
o Give Green
o Give Relief
o Give Support
- Your photo will be placed into the category based on the primary theme of the project for which the photo was submitted.
- The top 15 finalists from each category will be chosen by a third-party representative.
- The 15 finalists from each category will be uploaded to GlobalGiving.org for voting and voting will be open to the public.
- Voting will take place from noon EDT on August 18, 2014 (time in your city) until noon EDT on August 29, 2014 (time in you city)
- Votes will be counted based on email address. Only unique email addresses will be counted towards a unique vote.
- Each vote must be confirmed via email. Once a vote has been made, the voter will receive an email from GlobalGiving to confirm his or her vote. Only upon confirmation will that vote be counted.
- An individual may vote for as many photos as he or she wishes, but only one vote per photo will count. For example, if I vote for the same photo five times, only one of my votes will count towards the final count.
- Any activity not in the spirit of having unique individuals vote will not be counted towards vote totals and will disqualify an organization from winning any of the prizes.
- GlobalGiving will be monitoring all voting activity and will cross match email addresses, names, countries, and IP addresses to determine the validity of all voters. Votes that are deemed fraudulent will be removed and may disqualify the organization from winning any prizes.
- The one photo with the most votes overall at noon EDT on August 29, 2014, will be awarded a $1,000 bonus to be used to support the organization’s project.
- One runner-up from the four remaining categories will each be featured for a full day on the GlobalGiving homepage and will be highlighted through GlobalGiving’s social media outreach.
If you have any questions, please contact Katherine at email@example.com
How Photo Themes are Chosen
You will be placed into the category based on the primary theme of the project for which the photo was submitted.
- Give Knowledge
- Give Relief
- Disaster Recovery
- Give Support
- Humanitarian assistance
- Give Hope
- Economic Development
- Women and Girls
- Human Rights
- Democracy and Government
- Give Green
- Climate Change
Join us for an expert webinar on photo editing
To learn more about what elements make a great photo and to learn tips for mobilizing donors join us for a webinar on July 9th. Check out the details below:
- Date: July 9th, 2014
- Time: 9 am EDT or 3 pm EDT
- Webinar Reminder Sign-up: Click here
- The one photo with the most votes overall at noon EDT on August 29, 2014, will be awarded a $1,000 bonus to support the organization’s project, will be featured on the GlobalGiving homepage for a full day, and highlighted through GlobalGiving’s social media outreach.
- One runner-up from the remaining four categories will each be featured for a full day on the GlobalGiving homepage and will be highlighted using GlobalGiving’s social media outreach.
For a dose of inspiration, click here to view the results of the 2013 Photo Contest. We can’t wait to see yours!