The YouthSpark Bonus Day is right around the corner! On June 25th Microsoft is matching eligible donations to YouthSpark projects at 100%. This is an amazing opportunity for your organization to engage your donors and reach your project’s fundraising goal.
If your project is eligible for the YouthSpark program you will find a YouthSpark banner on your project page. Click here for an example of the YouthSpark banner. You can read the full terms and conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- The Microsoft YouthSpark Bonus Day will begin June 25, 2014 at 12:00:00 PM (EDT) (noon) and will end June 26, 2014 at 11:59:59 (EDT). There are $200,000 available in matching funds from Microsoft.
- Matching is applied at 100% for every donation from $10 up to $1,000 per donor per project/microproject until matching funds run out.
- The project or microproject that raises the most funds on Bonus Day will receive an additional $2,500 prize.
- The project or microproject that has the most unique donors on Microsoft YouthSpark’s Bonus Day will receive an additional $2,500 prize.
- Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address.
- Fulfillment fee for donations: GlobalGiving charges a 15% fulfillment fee on donations. The fee will not be applied to matching funds.
- Both projects and microprojects are eligible for matching.
- Projects and microprojects must submit their “Eligibility for Microsoft YouthSpark” to GlobalGiving for approval by June 18, 2014, in order to be eligible for the June 25th Bonus Day matching funds and prizes. Eligible projects and microprojects will be identified with a banner on each of their pages.
- Only online donations (credit card or PayPal) are eligible for matching funds.
- Donations made on GlobalGiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites including Eli Lilly and Benevity are NOT eligible for matching. Additionally, donations made by gift card, check, or text-to-give are also NOT eligible for matching funds.
- New projects/microprojects must be submitted by June 18, 2014 in order to participate in Microsoft YouthSpark’s Bonus Day.
- Please note that Microsoft and GlobalGiving maintain the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the adjudication of Bonus Day matching funds and reserve the right to adjust results accordingly.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
Bonus Day Tips and Tricks
We recently hosted a webinar about the YouthSpark Bonus Day and shared tips and tricks for a successful fundraising day. If you were not able to attend or would like to listen again you can find the recording and presentation here.
Does your organization want be part of the YouthSpark program? In order to qualify, your organization needs to be (1) working with youths between the ages of 6-24 in the areas of education, job training, or entrepreneurship and (2) currently in Leader or Superstar status on GlobalGiving.
You can apply to participate in YouthSpark programs by filling out the “Eligibility for Microsoft YouthSpark” in the Project Entry System using the following two steps:
1. To fill out the section, click “edit project” and go to tab 1 (Basic Information). Once on tab 1 scroll down to the end of the page. You will then see a field called “Eligibility for Microsoft YouthSpark”. Answer “Yes”.
2. Enter the number of unique youths that are benefitting from your project.
After you have completed these two steps, you will see that our system has calculated dollars per youth for you. The “Dollars per youth” field is not editable. This field is calculated by taking your requested funding amount and dividing it by the number of unique youths impacted by your project.
If you have any questions about the YouthSpark program, please contact the GlobalGiving team at email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!