This September, we’re hosting GlobalGiving’s first-ever Fundraiser Campaign, designed to help you harness the fundraising potential of your supporters using GlobalGiving’s fundraiser tool. We’ll be offering awesome prizes (JetBlue tickets, a flip cam, and more!) for your supporters who create fundraiser pages and raise money on your behalf. We’ll also be offering $3,500 in financial bonus awards to the organizations with the most successful fundraisers!
The GlobalGiving fundraiser tool makes it easy for YOUR supporters to raise money on your behalf! The tool empowers your supporters set their own fundraising goals, reach out to family and friends, and track their fundraising progress.
Last year, our tech team made some snazzy improvements to the fundraiser tool, making it even more attractive and fun to use! Check out this great example from Jacqueline’s birthday fundraiser:
We know that fundraisers are a powerful tool for raising money on GlobalGiving. The Fundraiser Campaign was created to help you motivate your supporters to create a fundraiser page and raise funds for your organization this September.
How does it work?
- You identify supporters in your network who are passionate about your cause and ask them to create a fundraiser page.
- Your supporters create a fundraiser page on GlobalGiving.
- Fundraisers that raise at least $500 from at least 10 donors receive an additional $50 match for the project from GlobalGiving and become eligible for prizes—JetBlue tickets, flip cam, and more!
- The top three organizations with the most fundraisers that raise at least $500 from 10 donors will win bonus awards of $2,000, $1,000, and $500 respectively.
Terms and Conditions
- The Fundraiser Campaign begins on September 1, 2013 at 12:01 am EDT (This time in your time zone) and ends on September 30, 2013 at 11:59 pm EDT (This time in your time zone).
- Fundraisers must raise at least $500 from at least 10 unique donors in order to qualify for the $50 match, donor prizes, and financial bonus awards.
- JetBlue tickets are for domestic travel only. Tickets are subject to fare restrictions and must be used by November 30, 2013.
- Limit one fundraiser per person. If a user creates multiple fundraisers, only one of the fundraisers will be eligible for matching prizes.
- Only online donations (credit card, PayPal, or gift card) are eligible for this campaign. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Only donations made on www.globalgiving.org are eligible. Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving cobrands (Nike, Eli Lilly, Give for Youth, among others) are not eligible.
- Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted towards the donor bonus award.
- Please note that GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning bonus awards and prizes.
Fundraiser Campaign Webinar
Join us on Tuesday, August 6th for a webinar to learn more about the Fundraiser Campaign terms and conditions and to begin creating your campaign strategy and communications plan.
Date: Tuesday, August 6
Would you like GlobalGiving to host a fundraiser training for your supporters? Express interest here! If we get enough interest, we will organize a training for your supporters who are interested in participating in the Fundraiser Campaign.