We are so excited to announce our second Bonus Day of the year! Partner Rewards Bonus Day will be held on Wednesday, June 12th. This year we have given our Bonus Days a bit of a makeover. Partner Rewards Bonus day will begin at 9:00 am EDT on June 12th. How is Partner Rewards Bonus Day different from other Bonus Days? GlobalGiving will match online donations made to your project(s) based upon your Partner Rewards Level.
The matching percentages are as follow:
- All organizations ranked as Partner will have their donations matched at 30%.
- All organizations ranked as Leader will have their donations matched at 40%.
- All organizations ranked as Superstar will have their donations matched at 50%.
Any questions regarding your Partner Rewards level must be received by GlobalGiving no later than June 10th. All matching will be calculated based on your organization’s Partner Rewards Level as of 11:00 pm EDT on Tuesday, June 11th. Be sure that your Partner Rewards Level is secure by this time.
Bonus Days Terms and Conditions
- Bonus Day begins at 9:00 am EDT on June 12, 2013 (what time in your city) and ends at 11:59 pm EDT on June 12, 2013.
- There is $90,000 in matching funds available.
- Online donations of up to $1,000 per individual donor/per project are eligible to be matched at 30% to 50% on June 13. Organizations ranked as Partner will have their donations matched at 30%, organizations ranked as Leader will have their donations matched at 40%, and organizations ranked as Superstar will have their donations matched at 50%.
- The organization that raises the most funds on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving. This bonus prize is determined at 11:59 pm EDT on June 12th.
- The organization that has the most unique donors on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving. This bonus prize is determined at 11:59 pm EDT on June 12th.
- Projects must be approved and live on the GlobalGiving.org website by June 10th to be eligible.
- Only online donations (credit card or PayPal) are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible
- Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving sites (including Nike, Eli Lilly, Global Action Atlas, etc) are NOT eligible for matching.
- We encourage you to get donations in early, because matching funds will likely run out before the end of the day.
- Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted towards the donor bonus award.
- Please note that GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning bonus awards and matching.
Questions? Please send them to Katherine Sammons at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to find your Partner Rewards Level
- Log-in to Project Entry (PE)
- Access your dashboard
- You will see a grey box titled, Reward Level
- Click, “Reward Level”
Once you have accessed your Reward Level, you will be able to see the different sub-categories we use to determine your Partner Rewards level. Your overall level is based on the lowest level reflected here. For example, if you are a Partner in any one category, your Reward Level, will be Partner.
Tips and Tricks
- Use your project reports to update your donors on your project and let them know that Bonus Day is coming up (make sure that your project report includes an update, otherwise it will be rejected)
- Pick up the phone. Call your major donors to let them know about Bonus Day. Everyone gets emails these days, and your major donors will appreciate personal outreach
- Get your volunteers and supporters involved! Have them set a goal. For example, contact 20 people and commit to raise $300. Goal setting will help the ask seem more tangible to donors and will help your volunteers stay on track.
- Send out a series of emails. For example:
1) First email lets donors know that Bonus Day is coming soon, and that they should look out for giving instructions on June 12th
2) Second email, lets donors know how they can give, and that they should give now. Make it as easy for your donors to give as possible. Send them the direct link to project page. We suggest waiting to send the direct link until the day of to prevent donors from giving too early.
- Keep going even after matching funds have run out. Bonus prizes are not determined until 11:59 pm EDT on June 12th. This is a great incentive for your donors to continue to give, even after matching funds are used.
Want one-on-one support?
Sign-up for one-on-one support here.