Bonus Day is just around the corner! Do you know how this Bonus Day is different from the others? Due to popular demand March’s Bonus Day will begin at 9 am ET (what time in your city). Read on for terms and conditions and for helpful tips from October Bonus Day’s fundraising rock star RefugeeOne.
March 13, 2013 Bonus Day Terms & Conditions
- Bonus Day begins March 13, 2013 at 9 am ET (what time in your city) and ends at 11:59 pm ET (GMT-5) or until matching funds run out.
- There is $50,000 available in matching funds.
- Matching is applied at 30%, up to $1,000 per donor per project.
- Projects must be approved and live on the GlobalGiving.org website by March 11th to be eligible.
- The project that raises the most funds on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- The project that has the most unique donors on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- Projects participating in Japan Matching are NOT eligible for Bonus Day.
- Only online donations (credit card or PayPal) are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites (including Nike, Eli Lilly, Global Action Atlas, etc) are NOT eligible for matching.
- We encourage you to get donations in early because matching funds will likely run out before the end of the day.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this matching offer. GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
Questions? Please contact Katherine Sammons at email@example.com
Tips and Tricks courtesy of RefugeeOne – October Bonus Day’s Fundraising Rock Star
When talking to Kim Snoddy RegueeOne’s Project Leader it is clear that they had a well thought out strategy for Bonus Day. What did they do that worked so well for them? Below check out an example of their strategy plan.
- Called their major donors and board members and let them know that on Bonus Day their gifts would be matched. RefugeeOne asked that they consider giving on Bonus Day rather than waiting to give on a later date.
- Sent a series of emails to their donor network
- The 1st email was sent the Thursday before Bonus Day. RefugeeOne made it a teaser, not revealing the nature of the match. For example “Keep a look out for an opportunity to make your donation BIG!”
- The 2nd email was sent the Monday before Bonus Day using campaign language their donors are familiar with. For example, they stuck to a tag line that their donors had already reacted positively to, keeping language consistent. But, they still did not reveal the GlobalGiving Bonus Day match.
- The 3rd email was sent the Tuesday before Bonus Day. This was the last of the series of teasers. For example, “Tomorrow get ready to make your donation count. Check your inbox tomorrow to see how you can make your donation touch many!”
- The 4th email was sent the day of Bonus Day revealing the GlobalGiving Bonus Day match and it included a direct link to their project page. One main reason behind the day of reveal was to avoid donors giving too early.
* Don’t forget Bonus Day begins at 9 am ET (what time in your city) *