Have you ever thought to yourself, “wow, wouldn’t it be great if every month we received hundreds of dollars in donations, without even working for it!” Well, what if I told you that, with GlobalGiving’s monthly recurring donation option, it’s possible!
GlobalGiving makes it easy for your supporters to make monthly donations using their credit card. By signing up for a recurring donation, GlobalGiving deducts the donation amount from the donor’s credit card every month. Learn how to set up a recurring donation.
Not only are recurring donations hassle free for your donors, but they provide your organization with a consistent, reliable, and long-term source of income. Just think, there’s no need to nag recurring donors with those pesky email appeals. Instead, you’ll have the more pleasant task of thanking them for their continued support. Recurring donations also make it easy for your organization to plan ahead by helping you predict how much money you will receive each month in online donations.
And, as if things couldn’t get any better, GlobalGiving actually offers incentives for you to attract recurring donations to your project. Did you know that 20% of your project’s ranking is based on how many donors that project has attracted? And another 20% of your ranking is based on how much money your project has raised. So, by attracting more recurring donors you can increase your project’s visibility on GlobalGiving’s site and optimize the likelihood of attracting even more donors! Learn more.
Ok, so what’s the catch?
You have to actually convince people to sign up. Although it’s often easy to retain recurring donors, it is tough to get donors to take the leap and sign up for the first time. But, the good news is that now is a great time to encourage donors to set up a recurring donation.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Use the holiday season to encourage your donors to give a recurring donation as a gift. GlobalGiving will send a tribute card to the gift recipient.
- Ask your donors to add a recurring donation to their own wish list. Donors can create their own holiday gift registry on GlobalGiving.
- With 2011 quickly approaching, ask your donors to make a solid commitment to the year ahead by becoming a monthly supporter.
- Organize targeted outreach to your long-term supporters. Encourage them to commit to a recurring donation.
- Offer an incentive—a mug, a photo album, a purse. We can help! Visit GlobalGiving’s Gift for Good page for ideas.
- Use your Thank You emails as an opportunity to encourage donors to make a monthly commitment.