The fourth quarter is always GlobalGiving’s busiest time of the year. Why? During November and December donors are scrambling to find creative and heartfelt holiday gifts and to make those last few tax-deductible donations before December 31st. Make sure your organization is ahead of the game. Plan your holiday fundraising campaign today!
This past Wednesday, GlobalGiving’s Online Marketing Manager, Alison McQuade hosted a training on “Planning Your Holiday Fundraising Campaign.” See below for a brief summary of the training.
Holiday Giving 101
Use the holidays to grow your organization’s donor network. Reach out to old and prospective donors using email, your website, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Encourage your donors to give a donation to your project as a gift using GlobalGiving’s Tribute Cards.
- Remind donors that all donations made through GlobalGiving are tax-deductible, perfect for year-end giving.
- Encourage recurring donations for long-term investments.
Tools for Donors
GlobalGiving has a variety of tools available to help you promote your project during the holiday season.
- Tribute cards allow donors to make a donation to your project as a gift to a friend or family member. Gift recipients receive a personalized card in electronic, print-at-home or physical form (GlobalGiving is covering all standard shipping costs through December 25th). Learn how to make a donation as a gift.
- GlobalGiving gift cards are the perfect gifts for family, friends, coworkers, etc. They give the gift recipient the opportunity to choose to which project they would like to donate the gift amount. Learn how to buy a gift card.
- Recurring donations are the gift that keeps on giving! Donors can easily set up a recurring donation to their favorite project and we’ll deduct the donation amount from their credit card each month. Learn how to make a recurring donation.
- This year GlobalGiving is launching the Gifts for Good campaign! Select projects are giving away jewelry, scarves, etc. with donations of a certain amount. Contact Britt Lake (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about the campaign.
Key Dates for Holiday Marketing
- 11/26 Black Friday (biggest in-store shopping day of the year in the U.S.)
- 11/29 Cyber Monday (one of the biggest online shopping days of the year)
- 12/1 World AIDS Day
- 12/1-12/9 Hanukkah
- 12/12 Last day for standard (free) shipping of GG gift and tribute cards to arrive by Christmas
- 12/19 Last day for rush (not free) shipping for GG gift and tribute cards to arrive by Christmas
- 12/25 Christmas
- 12/31 New Years Eve – consider a year-end push for donations and a last chance for tax deductions