On November 8, 2013, Typhoon Haiyan (known locally as Yolanda) caused catastrophic damage and devastated many lives, affecting more than 12 million people. On the first anniversary of the Typhoon, GlobalGiving offered a 100% match for all donations to projects promoting long-term recovery in the Philippines. Partners like you raised more than $100,000 from more than 400 donors!
We would like to announce the 2nd anniversary matching campaign to support your recovery and rebuilding efforts from the typhoon, because as we know, disasters don’t end when the news stops. Mark your calendars and notify your donors: the 100% match campaign starts on globalgiving.org and globagiving.co.uk on November 5th at 20:00:01 ET, and it will last until funds run out. Find out what time it starts where you are here.
Here are the criteria for a donation to get matched (see full terms and conditions below):
- Projects must be Typhoon Haiyan relief and/or rebuilding focused, based in the Philippines.
- On November 3, 2015, check the leaderboard on globalgiving.org and/or globalgiving.co.uk to make sure your project is on it. If not, please notify our team at email@example.com.
- Only donations made online are eligible for matching. This includes donations made by credit/debit card, PayPal, and GlobalGiving gift card. For donations through globalgiving.co.uk, CAF online donations will also be eligible.
- Donations up to $1,000 per donor per organization will be matched while funds last on GlobalGiving.org. Donations up to £600 per donor per organization on globalgiving.co.uk will be matched while funds last.
- If matching funds run out, donations will no longer be matched. Please note that matching funds on GlobalGiving.org and GlobalGiving.co.uk can run out at different times. You should check each leaderboard to view the available matching.
- Donations on corporate platforms, on JustGiving, or donations by check will not be matched on either platform.
Here are the key differences to note: