GlobalGiving is constantly looking for resources and tools that our team can share with our partners to help your organization more easily achieve your mission and goals!
One resource we have recently been reviewing is the Slack tool. Slack is a digital workspace that allows your team to connect more easily and efficiently and is currently the fastest growing workplace productivity software in the world. Currently, GlobalGiving uses the Slack platform to easily coordinate across teams and limit the amount of emails we send as an organization. It has been an invaluable tool for our team!
Slack organizes your organization’s work so that you can focus on what’s important and streamline your priorities. If your team spends several hours each day in your email inbox or uses email to organize your To-Do list, then you may benefit from Slack as a way to improve your workflow management and the way you organize priorities.
Advantages of using Slack:
- It’s a better way to organize teams around priorities as opposed to email or using spreadsheets.
- It can save the entire team time and keep tasks organized.
- It lets you build a custom workflow for your needs, with an extensive list of other software products that can be integrated with Slack.
- It can reduce the cost of training new hires, and better organize daily conversations.
- It enables your team to integrate new technologies into your work.