GlobalGiving is excited to announce our fifth annual Video Contest! Each year our team has the pleasure of watching your inspiring videos to select one grand prize winner and four runner-ups to be featured in GlobalGiving’s outreach efforts to donors.
The grand prize winner will also be featured in one of GlobalGiving’s monthly newsletters. Our grand prize winner will be chosen by Backpacker Films, Inc. who have generously donated their time to help us. The newsletter will be emailed to more than 130,000 subscribers! Past video contest winners have received upwards of $6,000 in donations because of the newsletter.
Do you already have an amazing video on one of your projects? Great! Submit your entry here.
If not, don’t worry! We have some great resources to help you create an amazing video.
How to submit your video:
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Embed your YouTube video into your project page. Save and submit your project edits by February 10th to be eligible. The GlobalGiving team will review and approve your changes within 1-2 business days.
- Submit the web address for your project page and video in this entry form by February 12th.
- Don’t forget, even if you don’t win the contest, you will still get GG Rewards points for participation!
Adding Music to your Video
Looking for some music to add to your video without worry about copyright issues? Check out the Vimeo Music Store. The Vimeo Music Store includes songs for commercial use and the site even provides some great songs for free!
Terms and Conditions:
- Participating organizations must be current GlobalGiving Partners, Leaders, or Superstars.
- Please note the project must be listed as “active” on globalgiving.org by the entry form deadline for the video to be eligible.
- Eligible videos must be between 00:30 seconds and 3 minutes long. Videos that are longer than 3 minutes will be disqualified.
- Videos must be embedded in an active GlobalGiving project page in order to qualify for the Video Contest.
- The submitted video must focus on the content described in the project.
- Videos should be high quality and creative.
- Videos may not contain any copyrighted element including music, videos, or photographs. Be sure that you have obtained all necessary legal rights for the content of your video.
- All video participants must give informed consent of their participation in order to take part in the filming of your video.
- Videos may not contain vulgar language or inappropriate content. GlobalGiving reserves the right to determine inappropriate content and disqualify a video.
- Organizations may submit one video per organization.
- Videos must be submitted by 11:59 pm EST on Friday, February 12th in order to be considered for contest participation.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions. We are very excited to see your videos soon!