We all know the importance of year-end fundraising, but sometimes it sneaks up on us. That’s why GlobalGiving will be running our eighth Recurring Match Campaign from December 1 through December 31, 2015, to help incentive your donors and start your year-end fundraising on a high note.
The Recurring Match Campaign will launch on one of the largest globally celebrated giving days of the year, #GivingTuesday. Last year alone, The Case Foundation estimates that nonprofits (whose data was available) raised more than $45 million on #GivingTuesday. That’s more than $45 million in just 24 hours! Check out the full report here.
Throughout the years, GlobalGiving has found great success with this campaign. Since the first Recurring Match Campaign launched in August 2012, this campaign has raised more than $1.4 million dollars from 6,241 donors for projects on the GlobalGiving platform! We hope you see the value in this campaign for your year-end fundraising, and there’s no better day to kick it off than #GivingTuesday.
Here are our best tips for making the most of the Recurring Match Campaign on #GivingTuesday (December 1st):
- Know the ins and outs of the Recurring Match Campaign. Make sure to take a look at the campaign terms and conditions and communicate them clearly to your supporters. Please take a look at the full terms and conditions of the campaign on our website, but here are the highlights:
- The initial gift of new recurring donations created on GlobalGiving.org will be matched 1-to-1 up to $200 per donor per project. Eligible recurring donations of $201 or larger will be matched at $200.
- Although donors are required to setup a recurring donation, only the first donation will be matched. This is not an repeating monthly match. This helps us ensure that more projects can benefit from a steady stream of recurring donations.
- To be eligible for matching, the recurring donation must last for at least three months after the initial donation (a minimum of four donations total). So, for example, if you start a new recurring donation this December, keep it active through January, February, and March, then your initial donation from December will be matched.
- Get the word out about #GivingTuesday + the Recurring Match Campaign to your existing network. Signing up for a recurring donation is a much bigger commitment than making a one-time donation. Focus your outreach on individuals who have supported your organization before since they already know and trust the work your organization does.
- Use the power of storytelling and visuals to share the importance of your recurring donation ask. Highlight one of your programs and share about the impact that your organization’s project has had on the community in which it works or a story about a constituent that a project has benefited. Share with your supporters how much more could be achieved by ensuring a steady flow of donations through a recurring donation and the match provided by the Recurring Match Campaign. Include a photo of a constituent and/or a project that highlights your work (after getting permission) to engage your donors visually. Make sure it’s high resolution.
- Make it easy for people to set up a recurring donation. Stress the added value of making a recurring donation during this promotion. Let your donors know that their recurring donation will receive a one-time 100% match! Emphasize that #GivingTuesday is the perfect time to start their recurring donation. Share a direct link to the donate monthly tab on your project page in all of your donor communications.
- Check out givingtuesday.org for more information about #GivingTuesday. The folks at the 92nd Street Y (where #GivingTuesday was dreamed up) have put together fantastic information on the importance of and how to share the power the #GivingTuesday with your supporters.
We hope that #GivingTuesday is a successful fundraising day for your organization! If you have any questions about the Recurring Match Campaign please contact email@example.com.