By: Kavita Mathew
WHAT: The Daan Utsav – #GivingTuesdayIndia Campaign is a week long celebration designed specifically for GlobalGiving partners with projects in India to engage their Indian diaspora and international supporters. Eligible donations will be matched at 30% up to $500 per unique donor on the final day of the big week!
WHY: India celebrates #DaanUtsav, its joy of giving week from Oct. 2 to 8 every year since 2009. The Tuesday of the Daan Utsav week is celebrated as #GivingTuesdayIndia – the day of online giving in India. #GivingTuesdayIndia builds on the strength of a global movement to showcase and build support for your nonprofits work serving communities in India, especially before the start of the festive season beginning with Diwali. We are joining the movement through this campaign exclusively designed for our partners with projects in India.
WHO: The GlobalGiving Daan Utsav – #GivingTuesdayIndia Campaign is exclusively for GlobalGiving partners with at least one active project based in India. Indian organisations must complete this opt-in form by Thursday, Sept. 26, at 17:00:00 IST for projects to be included in the campaign. Non-Indian organisation with projects or microprojects based in India will be automatically added to the campaign.
The deadline to submit new projects for inclusion in this campaign is Thursday, Sept. 26, at 17:00:00 IST.
WHEN + WHERE: GlobalGiving’s 2019 Daan Utsav – #GivingTuesday India campaign will run from Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019 (09:00:00 IST) to Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2019 (23:59:59 IST). Fundraising totals, remaining matching funds, and bonus prizes will be displayed on the Daan Utsav – #GivingTuesdayIndia leaderboard.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
- Watch the campaign webinar to go over logistics and fundraising strategies.
- Update (Sept. 9, 2019): Indian organisations must fill out this opt-in form for associated projects to be included in the campaign.
- Review the Terms + Conditions for complete campaign details.
- Download the official campaign graphics!
- Start identifying fundraising advocates especially Indian diaspora supporters in the US and UK to start Fundraiser pages for this big week.
- Come up with a communications plan! We recommend scheduling a project appeal at the start of the campaign and reading up on recent improvements to project appeals.