Here at GlobalGiving we know there’s strength in numbers and that small donations add up to BIG change. That’s why we run the Little by Little Matching Campaign!
Everything about this week-long campaign, from April 9th to 13th, is designed to help celebrate the power of your crowd. So get ready for GlobalGiving to match donations up to $50 at 50% while the $50,000 in matching funds remain. Last year, funds lasted until the final day of the campaign. What happens this year depends on you!
At the end of the week, there will be $3,000 in bonus prizes for the top five fundraising projects. There will also be a 100% match for new recurring donations started during this week!
If your organization is a Partner, Leader, or Superstar, there is no need to fill anything out – just start planning your strategy and we’ll take care of the rest. Start thinking about who you’ll reach out to – current donors, former donors, prospective donors?
We say, go for all of the above! And, keep in mind, high-dollar donors often to start off as small-dollar donors. Start mapping your networks, recruiting your fundraising advocates, and crafting your thank you plan. It’s so important to treat every donor like a million dollar donor!
Make sure to watch the recorded session of our Little by Little webinar to learn more! As always, if you have a question, you can send us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at +1 (202) 232-5784.
2018 GlobalGiving Little by Little Matching Campaign
Terms + Conditions
Dates + Eligibility
- GlobalGiving’s Little by Little Matching Campaign runs from 09:00:01 EDT on Monday, April 9th, 2018, to 23:59:59 EDT on Friday, April 13th, 2018, or until funds run out.
- All active Partner, Leader, and Superstar organizations are eligible to participate in the Little by Little Matching Campaign. All associated projects and mircoprojects will be automatically included on the leaderboard (no opt in required). For microprojects, check the expiration date as GlobalGiving cannot extend the 90 day time period.
- Project reports, project appeals, and project edits will take 1-3 business days to process.
- Disbursement of funds raised and awarded in this campaign will be included in the usual monthly disbursement process.
- There will be $50,000 in matching funds during the campaign, applied at 50% to all donations up to $50 USD per unique donor per project to eligible projects while funds last during the campaign.
- Donations will be matched based on the order in which they are received.
- The leaderboard will display the remaining matching funds. We encourage you to get donations in early because matching funds may run out quickly.
- For the purposes of calculating matching amounts, donations made in other currencies will be converted to USD. The exchange rate will be estimated at the time of the donation, but may be subject to change until the donation settles with the donor’s bank or credit card. Funds will be disbursed using the exchange rate based on the settlement value of each transaction.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to make final decisions on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- There will be $3,000 in bonus prizes awarded to the five projects that raise the most funds: $1,000, $800, $600, $400, and $200. No organization can win more than one bonus prize.
- Projects must raise at least $3,000 from 30 unique donors to be eligible for bonus prizes.
- To maximize your chance of winning a bonus prize, we recommend organizations pick one project to promote during the campaign.
- New recurring donations up to $200 per donor per project started during this week will get an additional 100% match on their initial donation as long as it remains active for a minimum of four payments.
- New recurring donations set up while Little by Little matching funds still remain will be eligible the immediate 50% match and, as it remains active for a minimum of four payments, the 100% match.
- The recurring match will last for the entire duration of the campaign.
- Recurring donations made by project leaders or staff of the recipient project or organization are not eligible for matching.
- Only online donations made using credit card, debit card, PayPal, and Apple Pay eligible for matching.
- Online donations must be made by the account or credit card holder.
- The following forms of donations are ineligible to receive matching funds during the campaign: Cash, check, GlobalGiving gift cards, CAF check, CAF Online, wire transfers, text-to-give donations, donations made via JustGiving, donations made on a GlobalGiving corporate or organizational giving site, or donations made directly to an organization rather than a project.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- Any activity not in the spirit of requesting separate individuals to support donations is being moderated by GlobalGiving and GlobalGiving reserves the right to permanently disqualify organizations for any attempts of misconduct.
Tax Efficient Giving + Fulfillment Fee
- Tax Efficiency: GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States and England and Wales. Donations made by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns. Donations made by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% added to eligible donations by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP.
- Fulfillment Fee: GlobalGiving charges a minimal nonprofit support fee plus a 3% processing fee. For US and UK registered organizations the nonprofit support fee is 5%; for organizations outside the US and UK, it is 7%. During the Little by Little Matching Campaign, the fee only applies to the initial donation and not to bonus prizes or matching funds earned. The fee helps cover the costs we incur to promote your organization and projects, to provide you with fundraising training and tools, and to maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors.
For questions, please contact the GlobalGiving team: firstname.lastname@example.org