GlobalGiving challenges everyone to be a Record Breaker in 2018! This year we’re announcing three all-time records and offering a prize package of $1,000 and social media promotion to the first five Record Breakers.
Here are the three records to beat:
Most Dollars Raised by a Project in a Single Day Campaign: $55,397
Most Donors Organized by a Project in a Single Day Campaign: 441
Most Dollars Raised by a New Partner: $62,833
If you’re aiming be beat a record, please note that records can only be beaten during specified campaigns in 2018 (see the list in the Terms + Conditions below). Participants in the 2018 Girl Fund Bonus Day and March Accelerator will be first up to bat!
For the sake of transparency, GlobalGiving will only consider totals captured on a designated campaign leaderboard towards breaking one of these records. Please keep in mind that every campaign has a unique set of Terms + Conditions detailing who is eligible and what type of donations will count.
Excited to celebrate the first five record breakers of 2018!
2018 GlobalGiving Record Breakers
Terms + Conditions
- GlobalGiving has three all-time records to beat in 2018. Records Breakers will be determined at the project level during specified campaigns, listed below, in 2018.
- The Record Breaker competition begins January 1, 2018, and ends December 31, 2018.
- Record Breaker Prize: The first five projects in 2018 to beat the records displayed on GlobalGiving’s Record Breaker page will win $1,000 cash prize and be featured on the landing page for as long as they hold the record during the year.
- Record Breaker Categories:
- Most Dollars Raised by a Project in a Single Day Campaign
- Most Donors Organized by a Project in a Single Day Campaign
- Most Dollars Raised by a New Partner
- The first two categories are exclusively open to GlobalGiving Partners, Leaders, and Superstars. Records can be broken by the current record holder, however, the records can only be broken during the following one-day campaigns:
- International Women’s Day – March 8, 2018
- World Refugee Day – June 20, 2018
- GG Rewards Bonus Day – July 18, 2018
- September Bonus Day – September 12, 2018
- World Food Day – October 16, 2018
- #GivingTuesday – November 27, 2018
- NOTE: GlobalGiving will update this list if any new one-day campaigns are introduced during the course of the year.
- The third category is restricted to organizations participating in the 2018 GlobalGiving Accelerator program. Record breakers in this category must have fully approved due diligence. This record can only be broken during the following crowdfunding campaigns in 2018:
- March Accelerator Crowdfunding Campaign
- June Accelerator Crowdfunding Campaign
- September Accelerator Crowdfunding Campaign
- Giving Season Accelerator Crowdfunding Campaign
- For the second category, unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. GlobalGiving will monitor Record Breakers in this category with extra scrutiny.
- Any transactions that are reported as fraudulent and/or reversed jeopardizes your eligibility to compete for a Record Breaker prize and your position on GlobalGiving.
- Fundraising activity off GlobalGiving cannot be considered for any of the categories.
- Project Leaders can track their progress towards beating one of these records on the respective campaign leaderboard.
- Bonus prizes and matching funds will not count towards record breaking totals.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to make all final decisions as to whether a record has been broken.
- The Terms + Conditions for each individual campaign govern eligibility, start and end times, disbursement of the Record Breaker cash prize, and what donations are or are not counted.