At GlobalGiving, we understand the role girls have in changing our world for the better, and we want to provide them the resources to do so. That’s why last year we launched the GlobalGiving Girl Fund, to support outstanding projects that strive to provide greater opportunities to women and girls.
The 2018 GlobalGiving Girl Fund Campaign is your chance to be a part of the 2018 Girl Fund cohort! The Girl Fund consists of six (6) GlobalGiving projects that are committed to providing opportunities for girls, each project receiving a share of the fund every month from April to December.
Your project can win a spot in the 2018 Girl Fund in one of two ways:
- Secure one of the top four spots in terms of unique donors on the GlobalGiving Girl Fund Campaign running March 1st – March 15th..
- Submit one of two winning Effectiveness Cycles between February 15th and March 15th.
Additionally, there will be a special bonus day on International Women’s Day, Thursday, March 8th, exclusively for projects participating in the campaign. On this day, there will be $8,000 in matching funds and $2,000 in bonus prizes!
Check out the webinar recording for a breakdown of all the campaign and bonus day details.
So, if your project works to empower girls or young women—be it through after school leadership programs, robotics summer camp, or menstrual health resources— it’s time to sign up for the GlobalGiving Girl Fund Campaign!
The sign up deadline to be included in the campaign is February 23rd. Please submit any new projects by February 20th in order to be approved by the sign up deadline. The full Terms & Conditions for the campaign can be found below.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Photo credit: Primary Education for 11,000+ Nicaraguan Youth by Fabretto’s Children Foundation
Girl Fund Terms & Conditions
- The GlobalGiving Girl Fund Campaign consists of a two-week crowdfunding campaign, one Bonus Day, and one GG Rewards Effectiveness cycle.
- Participants will compete for one of six open slots in the GlobalGiving Girl Fund from April 2018 – March 2019.
- The dates for the campaign are as follows:
- Six winning projects will be determined based on two categories:
- Four projects with the most unique donors in the crowdfunding campaign, and willingness to participate in the selection process
- Two projects with the best submitted effectiveness cycle and quality of work as judged by GlobalGiving and peers.
- During the two-week Effectiveness cycle selection period, from March 16 through March 28, submitted Effectiveness cycles will be reviewed by the Girl Fund panel of GlobalGiving staff and four campaign winners to select the final two spots.
- Final winners will be announced on Friday, March 30th, 2018.
- Organizations must submit their Expression of Interest form by February 23rd, 2018, and be approved by GlobalGiving prior to the start of the challenge.
- Organizations may only submit one project to participate in the GlobalGiving Girl Fund Campaign.
- Active partner, leader, and superstar organizations on GlobalGiving are eligible to participate in the campaign.
- Microprojects are not eligible to participate in the campaign.
- Emerging organizations (Accelerator participants) are not eligible to participate in this campaign.
- Eligible projects must directly aim to empower women and girls in their mission and must be classified under “Women and Girls” theme. GlobalGiving maintains final authority on project eligibility in this campaign.
- All new projects must be submitted by February 20, 2018, and included in the Expression of Interest form in order to be approved in time for inclusion in the campaign.
- In the event that there’s a tie for most unique donors, ranking will be determined by most funds raised during the campaign.
- GlobalGiving will get back with every eligible project and confirm their participation in the campaign by February 27th. Projects not contacted by February 27th will not be included in the campaign.
- If you are not sure if your project is eligible, please contact email@example.com for guidance.
Effectiveness Cycle Submissions
- GG Rewards is the system that GlobalGiving uses to recognize and reward partners for their efforts to learn, improve, and grow their impact. GG Rewards Effectiveness Cycles reflect our core value of listening, acting, learning, and repeating and rewards organizations that demonstrate these values. Create-Your-Own Effectiveness Cycles offer organizations the space to share their own stories of listening, acting, and learning.
- To compete for a spot in the Girl Fund with an Effectiveness Cycle, cycles must be completed between February 15th 2018 and March 15, 2018 at 23:59 EDT. To create and submit an effectiveness cycle, click here.
- Only Effectiveness cycles that have been submitted to organizations with approved projects and who have at least 10 donors in the crowdfunding campaign portion to be considered for one of the two effectiveness slots.
- Cycle Criteria. After the crowdfunding campaign ends, selection of the two remaining spots in the GlobalGiving Girl Fund will be based upon one submitted Create-Your-Own effectiveness cycles that include:
- (1) Listening: listening to the people you intend to help, to your peers, or other stakeholders to identify a need or challenge in your community
- (2) Acting: using feedback from participants and/or the local community to implement a solution and gather data
- (3) Learning and repeating: analyzing the data to understand your results and determine next steps
- Submitting a Create-Your-Own effectiveness cycle is not required but is highly encouraged to maximize your project’s chance of securing a 2018 spot in the Girl Fund.
- Only donations made by unique donors per project will qualify. Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted.
- UPDATED 2/27: Donations made by debit card, credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, or check are eligible. Donations made by text-to-give and gift card are not eligible.
- Donations made by debit card, credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, or check are eligible. Donations made by text-to-give are not eligible.
- Online donations made using PayPal, Apple Pay, or credit card must be made by the account or credit card holder.
- Donations made via check must be received by GlobalGiving by March 9th at 12:00 pm EDT to count in the campaign (but will not be eligible for the Bonus Day matching).
- Donations made on GlobalGiving corporate site or organizational-level giving sites are not eligible for matching.
- GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this campaign.
- All donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- Donations made in other currencies will be converted to USD. The exchange rate will be estimated at the time of the donation, but may be subject to change until the donation settles with the donor’s bank or credit card. Funds will be disbursed using the exchange rate based on the settlement value of each transaction.
- GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the final results of the GlobalGiving Girls Fund campaign and will adjust results accordingly.
- There will be a bonus day on International Women’s Day, Thursday March 8th, for all projects competing in the GlobalGiving Girl Fund Campaign. There will be $8000 in funds available starting at 00:00 EST on the 8th to match donations at 30% up to $250 until funds run out. For example, a $250 donation would receive a $75 match.
- Additionally, there will be bonus prizes of $800, $600, $400, and $200 for the top four projects with the most funds raised at the end of the bonus day.
Please reference the full Terms and Conditions on the Bonus Day leaderboard for any further questions, or reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Tax Efficient Giving & Fulfillment Fee
- GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States and England and Wales. Donations made by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns. Donations made by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% added to eligible donations by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP.
- Fees: GlobalGiving charges a minimal nonprofit support fee plus a 3% processing fee. For US and UK registered organizations the nonprofit support fee is 5%; for organizations outside the US and UK, it is 7%. The fee helps cover the costs we incur to promote your organization and projects, to provide you with fundraising training and tools, and to maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors.