In these last few months, multiple disasters have taken a brutal toll on millions of people around the world. Hurricane Harvey has submerged neighborhoods in Texas, nearly 400 people have died from earthquakes in Mexico, and hurricanes Maria and Irma have devastated infrastructure and limited access to safe drinking water, fuel, and emergency medical care in the US and the Caribbean.
Fortunately, our amazing nonprofit partners are responding in the face of almost unfathomable destruction by tirelessly bringing relief to those in need. Our partners have worked with local governments in the Caribbean to distribute aid that was clogged at the port, provided fuel for generators so that hospitals could operate in Puerto Rico, and built transitional housing for victims in Mexico.
Given the massive scope of damage, recovery efforts will continue for months and, in some areas, years. Luckily, GlobalGiving nonprofit partners and donors are in it for the long haul. We have seen the inherent goodness of people from every corner of the world, eager to help those in need. #GivingTuesday is the perfect day to capture this wave of generosity and ensure that your organizations can continue to support people in need of long-term recovery.
We stand in solidarity with millions affected by disaster all over the world. That is why GlobalGiving will be matching every donation up to $1,000 at 100% while funds last for the #GivingTuesday Rebuild Together Matching Campaign. On Tuesday, November 28th, for 24 hours starting at 00:00:01 EST, donations to any active GlobalGiving projects responding to Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, or the earthquakes in Mexico will be matched at 100% while funds remain.
Whether you’re a new partner of GlobalGiving or an old-timer, take advantage of this amazing opportunity to reach out to your donors. If you are new to GlobalGiving, please watch this webinar to learn more from our Chief Program Officer, Britt Lake, about how to take advantage of all the benefits now available to you as the newest members of the GlobalGiving community. Also, you can read the details of the #GivingTuesday Rebuild Together Matching Campaign below and watch a webinar about the details of the campaign and how to map your network of donors.
Terms + Conditions
- GlobalGiving’s #GivingTuesday Rebuild Together Matching Campaign will begin November 28th, 2017, at 00:00:01 EST and end at 23:59:59 EST on November 28th, 2017.
- Project eligibility: Active Partner, Leader, and Superstar organizations with projects responding to Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, as well as the September 2017 Mexican earthquakes are eligible to participate in GlobalGiving’s 2017 #GivingTuesday Rebuild Together Matching Campaign.
- Relief and recovery projects and microprojects responding to one of these four natural disasters are eligible as long as they are submitted for review by Wednesday, November 22nd, at 17:00:00 EST and approved for the campaign by GlobalGiving staff.
- Projects that are eligible for this campaign cannot participate in any other #GivingTuesday campaign on GlobalGiving.
- GlobalGiving-sponsored projects and funds, emerging organizations, and projects included in GlobalGiving’s general #GivingTuesday campaign, are ineligible to receive matching funds from this campaign.
- Projects included in GlobalGiving’s #GivingTuesday Rebuild Together Matching Campaign will not be eligible to participate in GlobalGiving’s all-partner #GivingTuesday campaign or any other #GivingTuesday campaigns on GlobalGiving.
- For projects responding to the September 2017 Mexico Earthquakes Relief, there will be $100,000 in matching funds available on #GivingTuesday, applied at 100% to donations up to $1,000 per donor per project while funds last during the day. Eligible projects will appear on this list.
- For projects responding to Hurricane Harvey, there will be $100,000 in matching funds available on #GivingTuesday, applied at 100% to donations up to $1,000 per donor per project while funds last during the day. Eligible projects will appear on this list.
- For projects responding to Hurricanes Maria & Irma in Florida or the Caribbean, there will be $200,000 in matching funds available on #GivingTuesday, applied at 100% to donations up to $1,000 per donor per project while funds last during the day. Eligible projects will appear on this list or this list.
- There will be three separate leaderboards tracking the available funds.
Recurring Match Campaign:
- New recurring donations up to $200 per donor per project that begin on #GivingTuesday and throughout the year-end fundraising season (until December 31st at 23:59:59 EST) will get an additional 100% match on the initial donation as long as it remains active for three months.
- Recurring donations made by project leaders or staff of the recipient project or organization are not eligible for matching.
Donation Method & Eligibility:
- Donation Eligibility: Only online donations made by credit card, debit card, PayPal, ApplePay, or a GlobalGiving official gift card on GlobalGiving.org will be matched on #GivingTuesday while funds remain. Online donations must be made by the account or credit card holder.
- The following forms of donations are ineligible to count towards your total raised on #GivingTuesday: Cash, checks, text-to-give, CAF check, CAF online, wire transfers, donations made by JustGiving, donations made on GlobalGiving corporate or organizational giving site, or made directly to an organization rather than a project on GlobalGiving.org.
- GlobalGiving Funds are not eligible to receive matching funds on #GivingTuesday.
- GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made on #GivingTuesday.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- The deadline for submitting new projects, project edits, project reports, and project appeals to be approved in time for inclusion in the #GivingTuesday campaign is Wednesday, November 22nd, at 17:00:00 EST.
- The exchange rate for donations made in currencies other than USD will be estimated at the time of the donation, but may be subject to change until the donation settles with the donor’s bank or credit card. Funds will be disbursed using the exchange rate based on the settlement value of each transaction.
- Funds raised on #GivingTuesday plus matching funds secured will be disbursed through the regular November disbursement cycle, sent in late December.
Tax-Efficient Giving & Fulfillment Fee:
- Tax Efficiency: GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States and England and Wales. Donations made by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns. Donations made by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% added to eligible donations by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP.
- Fees: GlobalGiving charges a minimal nonprofit support fee plus a 3% processing fee. For US and UK registered organizations (including the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico) the nonprofit support fee is 5%; for organizations outside the US and UK, it is 7%. During the #GivingTuesday, the fee only applies to the initial donation and not to matching funds secured. The fee helps cover the costs we incur to promote your organization and projects, to provide you with fundraising training and tools, and to maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors.