Last year #GivingTuesday was a record breaker, raising over $168 million dollars for charitable organizations all over the world. Here at GlobalGiving, we know the importance of this day, no matter where you’re located. That’s why this #GivingTuesday, we’re making all donors, all day, all donations count.
Starting at midnight EDT on Tuesday, November 28th and running all day, projects will be competing for a portion of $75,000 Incentive Fund. Your share of the fund will be determined by what percentage of the total fund your organization raises on Giving Tuesday. For example, if your organization raises 5% of the total dollars raised on Giving Tuesday, you will be awarded 5% – or $3,750 – of the Incentive Fund. This means that all donations from all donors will count all day!
There will also be $25,000 in Bonus Prizes to compete for on #GivingTuesday awarded to the top 14 performing organizations with the most funds raised and most unique donors. See Terms + Conditions below for breakdown and eligibility of bonus prizes.
Finally, there will be a 100% match on all recurring donations started on #GivingTuesday up to $200. The initial donation will count towards your total funds raised on the 28th. As always, feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
We’re just five weeks out from #GivingTuesday, start your preparations today!
#GivingTuesday Matching Campaign Terms + Conditions
Terms + Conditions:
- GlobalGiving’s 2017 #GivingTuesday campaign will begin November 28th, 2017, at 00:00:01 EST and end at 23:59:59 EST on November 28th, 2017.
- Project eligibility: Active Partner, Leader, and Superstar organizations are eligible to participate in the 2017 #GivingTuesday campaign. All projects and microprojects will be automatically included as long as they are submitted by for review on or before Wednesday, November 22nd, at 17:00:00 EST.
- GlobalGiving-sponsored projects and funds, emerging organizations, and projects responding to Hurricane Harvey, Irma, and Maria, or the Mexican earthquakes, are ineligible to receive incentive funds from this campaign.
- There will be a $75,000 Incentive Fund on #GivingTuesday.
- The Incentive Fund will be proportionally divided up between organizations that activate during the day. That means, if your project raises 5% of the total amount of money raised on #GivingTuesday, your organization will receive 5%, or $3,750, of the $75,000 Incentive Fund. At the conclusion of the campaign, GlobalGiving will determine each nonprofit’s proportional share of the Incentive Fund by dividing the total amount each nonprofit raised by the total amount of donations to all participating nonprofits. This amount will then be multiplied by the total amount of dollars available in the Incentive Funds.
- Online donations up to $1,000 per unique donor per organization will count towards earning a portion of the Incentive Fund.
- Allocation of the Incentive Fund will be displayed on the leaderboard and will recalculate every three minutes.
- GlobalGiving will indicate in your donation manager which donations count towards your total raised on #GivingTuesday based on the time the donation was made and the method of payment.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to make final decisions on all matters concerning the allocation of the Incentive Fund.
Recurring Match Campaign:
- New recurring donations up to $200 per donor per project started on #GivingTuesday and throughout the year-end fundraising season (until December 31st at 23:59:59 EST) will get an additional 100% match on the initial donation as long as it remains active for three months.
- The one-month value of recurring donations set up on #GivingTuesday will count towards your total raised on the day and thus increase the percentage of the Incentive Fund you receive.
- Recurring donations made by project leaders or staff of the recipient project or organization are not eligible for matching.
- There will be $25,000 in Bonus Prizes to compete for on #GivingTuesday.
- Only projects raising more than $5,000 from at least 20 donors during the Bonus Day will be eligible for bonus prizes.
- At the end of #GivingTuesday, the seven projects with the most funds raised will receive bonus prizes of $5,000, $3,000, $2,000, $1,000, $800, $500, and $200.
- At the end of the Bonus Day, the seven projects with the most unique donors will be awarded bonus prizes of $5,000, $3,000, $2,000, $1,000, $800, $500, and $200.
- Organizations can only win one bonus prize per category.
- To maximize your chance of winning a bonus prize, we recommend picking one project to promote during the campaign.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to make final decisions on all matters concerning the
allocation of Bonus Prizes.
Donation Method & Eligibility:
- Donation Eligibility: Only online donations made by credit card, debit card, PayPal, ApplePay, or a GlobalGiving official gift card on GlobalGiving.org will count towards your total raised on #GivingTuesday. Online donations must be made by the account or credit card holder.
- The following forms of donations are ineligible to count towards your total raised on #GivingTuesday: Cash, checks, text-to-give, CAF check, CAF online, wire transfers, donations made by JustGiving, donations made on GlobalGiving corporate or organizational giving site, or made directly to an organization rather than a project.
- GlobalGiving Funds are not eligible to receive Incentive Funds on #GivingTuesday.
- GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made on #GivingTuesday.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- The deadline for submitting new projects, project edits, project reports, and project appeals to be approved in time for inclusion in the #GivingTuesday campaign is Wednesday, November 22nd, at 17:00:00 EST.
- The exchange rate for donations made in currencies other than USD will be estimated at the time of the donation, but may be subject to change until the donation settles with the donor’s bank or credit card. Funds will be disbursed using the exchange rate based on the settlement value of each transaction.
- Funds raised on #GivingTuesday plus your portion of the Incentive Fund and any bonus prizes secured will be disbursed through the regular November disbursement cycle, sent in late December.
Tax-Efficient Giving & Fulfillment Fee:
- Tax Efficiency: GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States and England and Wales. Donations made by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns. Donations made by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% added to eligible donations by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP.
- Fees: GlobalGiving charges a minimal nonprofit support fee plus a 3% processing fee. For US and UK registered organizations the nonprofit support fee is 5%; for organizations outside the US and UK, it is 7%. During #GivingTuesday, the fee only applies to the initial donation and not to the portion of the Incentive Fund that you earn. The fee helps cover the costs we incur to promote your organization and projects, to provide you with fundraising training and tools, and to maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors.