Year-end giving is the biggest fundraising season for many nonprofits all over the world. Nearly one third of all annual giving occurs in December alone, while 12% happens in just the last three days of the year. GlobalGiving is here to make sure this is your strongest year-end fundraising season yet!!
GlobalGiving’s 2017 Year-End Campaign will offer $10,000 in total prize money! Prizes vary in size and will be awarded throughout the Year-End Campaign as well at the end of the campaign. Will your organizations be the first to get 50 donors? Raise the most dollars? Get spotlighted for being in the top 5% of participants? We certainly hope so!
All Active Partner, Leader, and Superstar projects will be automatically included in the campaign and on the leaderboard. See Terms and Conditions below for complete prize breakdown and eligibility.
We’ll also be giving away GlobalGiving Certificates for fundraising success, GlobalGiving homepage time, and customized social media graphics. See Terms & Conditions below to find out how you can win!
Lastly, throughout the whole campaign new recurring donations up to $200 per donor per project will get an additional 100% match on the initial donation (as long as it remains active for three months.)
Year-End Campaign Terms & Conditions
- GlobalGiving’s Year-End Campaign begins at 00:00:01 EST on Wednesday, November 29th, 2017 and ends at 23:59:59 EST on Sunday, December 31st, 2017.
- Project Eligibility: Active Partner, Leader, and Superstar organizations are eligible to participate in the Year-End Campaign. All projects and microprojects must be submitted to GlobalGiving by Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017, at 17:00:00 EST.
- Emerging organizations and GlobalGiving-sponsored projects and funds are not eligible to participate in this campaign.
- There will be $10,000 in total prize money.
- Benchmark prizes will be offered so you can win prizes along the way:
- Projects that raise at least $5,000 USD from a minimum of 40 donors during the campaign will receive a customized social media graphic to help with the final year-end push. At the end of the campaign, these projects will be awarded a GlobalGiving certificate commemorating fundraising success in GlobalGiving’s 2017 Year-End Campaign.
- The first ten projects to reach $10,000 will win a $100 prize. Limited to one prize per organization.
- The first ten projects to reach 50 unique donors will win a $100 prize. Limited to one prize per organization.
- Projects that raise at least $15,000 USD from a minimum of 60 donors will receive homepage time on GlobalGiving.org in 2018.
- Overall Prizes will be awarded at the conclusion of the campaign to the top project(s) in each of the following categories:
- Most Funds Raised: In ascending order, the top five projects who raise the most funds in the Year-End Campaign will receive Bonus Prizes of $1,500, $1,000, $750, $500, and $250.
- Most Unique Donors: In ascending order, the top five projects with the most unique donors will receive Bonus Prizes of $1,500, $1,000, $750, $500, and $250.
- Match on Recurring Donations: New recurring donations up to $200 per donor per project started during the campaign will get an additional 100% match on the initial donation as long as it remains active for three months. The recurring match offer will be good throughout the entire campaign. Recurring donations made by project leaders or staff of the recipient project or organization are not eligible for matching.
- Unique donors are determined using criteria including but not limited to name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We monitor these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only distinct donors are counted.
- GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made throughout the Year-End Campaign.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to make final decisions on all matters concerning the allocation of bonus awards.
- Online donations made by credit card or PayPal must be made by the credit card or PayPal account holder.
- Donations made via check must be received by GlobalGiving by December 27th to count in the Year-End Campaign.
- The following are ineligible to be counted for campaign incentives (bonus prizes and matching funds) in the Year-End Campaign: Gift card donations, text-to-give donations, donations made on any other GlobalGiving corporate or organizational giving sites, or donations made directly to an organization rather than a project.
- All donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- The deadline for submitting new projects, project edits, project reports , and project appeals for the Year-End Campaign is 23:59:59 EST on Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017.
- Throughout the campaign, approvals of project reports, project edits, and project appeals will take 1-3 business days to process.
- The exchange rate for donations made in currencies other than USD will be estimated at the time of the donation, but may be subject to change until the donation settles with the donor’s bank or credit card. Funds will be disbursed using the exchange rate based on the settlement value of each transaction.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- Disbursements: Bonus Prizes won and funds raised through this campaign will go out in the usual disbursement monthly cycle.
Tax Efficient Giving & Fulfillment Fee
- Tax Efficiency: GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States and England and Wales. Donations made by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns. Donations made by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% added to eligible donations by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP. Gift Aid will not count towards project totals in the Year-End Campaign but will appear in your Donation Manager once payment is received from HMRC (which may take up to 2 months).
- Fees: GlobalGiving charges a minimal nonprofit support fee plus a 3% processing fee. For US and UK registered organizations the nonprofit support fee is 5%; for organizations outside the US and UK, it is 7%. During the Year-End Campaign, fee only applies to the initial donation and not to bonus prizes or matching funds earned. The fee helps cover the costs we incur to promote your organization and projects, to provide you with fundraising training and tools, and to maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors.