You are invited to celebrate the GlobalGiving community during Giving Week (October 2-6)! Come celebrate the knowledge and visibility you’ve gained, the connections you’ve made, and the additional funds you’ve raised by being a part of this powerful community.
One of the biggest ways GlobalGiving gives back to you is through fundraising campaigns. So, please mark your calendars for Thursday’s Bonus Day on October 5th! On this day, organizations will compete for a share of the $50,000 Incentive Fund. Your share will be determined by what percentage of the total funds your organization raises on Bonus Day.
For example, if your organization raises 5% of the total dollars raised on Bonus Day, you will be awarded 5% – or $2,500 – of the Incentive Fund. This means that donations will count throughout the entire day!
There will also be six bonus prizes for top performing organizations in terms of funds raised and unique donors secured. See Terms + Conditions below for complete information. The week will kick off with an announcement of our Inaugural Top 10 List – will your organization be a winner? Chime in on Facebook to find out!
Throughout Giving Week (October 2-6), your organization can enter to win one of ten $100 social media prizes by sharing & submitting your most moving story on social media. Attend our staff-led training on Storytelling the week prior at 1:00 pm EDT on Monday, September 25th, to get the narrative tips from the judges themselves!
Register to attend the Giving Week webinar this Thursday, September 7th, at 9:00 am EDT. During this session we will review the events of the week, the prizes up for grabs, and the many ways to celebrate the GlobalGiving community this week and beyond.
Have any questions? We’re happy to help! Reach out to us at anytime!
Giving Week Terms and Conditions
- Bonus Day begins at 9:00:01 EDT on Thursday, October 5th, 2017, and ends at 23:59:59 EDT on October 5th, 2017.
- Project Eligibility: Active Partner, Leader, and Superstar organizations are eligible to participate in the 2017 Giving Week Bonus Day. All projects and microprojects must be submitted to GlobalGiving by Monday, October 2nd, at 17:00:00 EDT to participate.
- GlobalGiving-sponsored projects and funds are ineligible to receive matching funds on this Bonus Day.
- There will be a $50,000 Incentive Fund on this Bonus Day.
- The Incentive Fund will be proportionally divided up between organizations that activate on this Bonus Day. That means, if your project raises 5% of the total amount of money raised on Giving Week Bonus Day, your organization will receive 5%, or $2,500, of the $50,000 Incentive Fund. At the conclusion of the Bonus Day, GlobalGiving will determine each nonprofit’s proportional share of the Incentive Fund by dividing the total amount each nonprofit raised by the total amount of donations to all participating nonprofits. This amount will then be multiplied by the total amount of dollars available in the Incentive Funds.
- Online donations up to $1,000 per unique donor per organization will count towards earning a portion of the Incentive Fund.
- Allocation of the Incentive Fund will be displayed on the leaderboard and will re-calculate every 3 minutes.
- GlobalGiving will indicate in your donation manager which donations count towards your total raised on this Bonus Day based on the time the donation was made and the method of payment.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to make final decisions on all matters concerning the allocation of the Incentive Fund.
Recurring Donation Match:
- New recurring donations up to $100 per donor per project on this Bonus Day will get an additional 100% match on the initial donation as long as it remains active for three months. The recurring match offer will be good throughout the entire Bonus Day.
- The initial value of recurring donations set up on Bonus Day will count towards your total raised on the day and thus increase the percentage of the Incentive Fund you receive.
- At the end of the Bonus Day, the three projects with the most funds raised will receive bonus prizes of $500, $300, and $200.
- At the end of the Bonus Day, the three projects with the most unique donors will be awarded bonus prizes of $500, $300, and $200.
- Only projects raising more than $3,000 from at least 20 donors during the Bonus Day will be eligible for bonus prizes.
- Organizations can only win one bonus prize per category.
- To maximize your chance of winning a bonus prize, we recommend organizations pick one project to promote during the campaign.
Donation Method & Eligibility:
- Donation Eligibility: Only online donations made by credit card, debit card, PayPal, ApplePay, or a GlobalGiving official gift card on GlobalGiving.org will count towards your total raised on this Bonus Day. Online donations must be made by the account or credit card holder.
- The following forms of donations are ineligible to count towards your total raised on this Bonus Day: Cash, checks, text-to-give, CAF check, CAF online, wire transfers, donations made by JustGiving, donations made on GlobalGiving corporate or organizational giving site, or made directly to an organization rather than a project.
- GlobalGiving Funds are not eligible to receive incentive funds on Giving Week Bonus Day.
- The deadline for submitting new projects, project edits, project reports, and project appeals to be approved in time for this Bonus Day is Monday, October 2nd at 17:00:00 EDT.
- The exchange rate for donations made in currencies other than USD will be estimated at the time of the donation, but may be subject to change until the donation settles with the donor’s bank or credit card. Funds will be disbursed using the exchange rate based on the settlement value of each transaction.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- Disbursements: Funds raised on Bonus Day plus your portion of the Incentive Fund will be disbursed through the regular October disbursement cycle, sent in late November.
Tax-Efficient Giving & Fulfillment Fee:
- Tax Efficiency: GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States and England and Wales. Donations made by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns. Donations made by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% added to eligible donations by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP.
- Fees: GlobalGiving charges a minimal platform fee plus a 3% processing fee. For US and UK registered organizations the platform fee is 5%. Organizations outside the US and UK will be charged a 7% platform fee. During the Giving Week Bonus Day, the fee only applies to the initial donation and not to the portion of the Incentive Fund that you earn. The fee helps cover the costs we incur to promote your organization and projects, to provide you with fundraising training and tools, and to maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors.
Additional Giving Week Opportunities:
Social Media Story Prizes:
- During Giving Week (October 2nd – 6th), GlobalGiving has ten $100 prizes to award the best stories shared on social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) between October 2nd – 6th.
- Attend our staff-led training on Storytelling the week prior, Monday September 25th at 1:00pm EDT to receive our tips on to engage your audience by telling your organization’s story!
- Maximum of one $100 prize per organization and three submissions per organization.
- Submit your entries via this form by the deadline of 11:59pm EDT on Friday, October 6th. Only entries including #GlobalGiving will be considered.
- Posts that have received paid promotion and posts solely focused on fundraising will be disqualified.
- The judging criteria will be 50% applause on social media and 50% quality of the story shared as determined by our in-house social media experts.
- Winners will be notified by Friday, October 13th, and promoted by GlobalGiving.
Connect with your peers on GlobalGiving:
- Four times a year, we welcome new members into the GlobalGiving community. Check out the 76 new partners we welcomed after the June Accelerator. Each one of these organizations raised over $5,000 from 40 donors in just three weeks. The week of October 2nd, we will be welcoming the next batch of new partners from the September Accelerator. Would you like to be connected with our new partners to help welcome them, share your GlobalGiving wisdom, and see how they did it? If so, fill out this short form and we will make that introduction during Giving Week.
We also encourage you to take advantage of our Project Leader Facebook group during the Giving Week and beyond. Go here to ask questions, share insight, and offer support. GlobalGiving staff will also be posting questions on the Facebook group to gather input for our 2018 plans. We want to know what you think!