It’s the second anniversary of GG Rewards, so we’re celebrating nonprofits in the GlobalGiving community that have demonstrated the greatest commitment to effectiveness! As you probably know, GlobalGiving believes people and organizations who Listen, Act, Learn. Repeat are the most effective, and we measure your effectiveness through GG Rewards. This September we’ll launch a Top 10 List of organizations with the most Effectiveness Points!
If you have completed at least one Effectiveness Cycle on GG Rewards by August 11th, your organization will be eligible to be named in the GlobalGiving Top 10 Nonprofits Committed To Impact. Our inaugural List will feature the ten organizations with the most Effectiveness Points, and we’ll also highlight five honorable mentions—organizations whose submitted cycles make us say, “wow!”
We’ll promote the Top 10 List throughout our site and with our partners and also provide winners with digital badges and promotional materials! So take a minute to check in with GG Rewards, complete any unfinished cycles, and share your “Listen, Act, Learn. Repeat.” stories with us today!
Here are the details you need to know:
Top 10 List Eligibility
- GlobalGiving’s inaugural Top 10 List will be announced in September 2017. The List will include the ten organizations with highest quantity of Effectiveness Points from completed GG Rewards Cycles. It will also include five Honorable Mentions, what we deem to be the highest quality cycles. All 15 organizations will be considered winners and part of GlobalGiving’s publicity.
- Active Partner, Leader, and Superstar organizations on GlobalGiving that have at least one completed GG Rewards Cycle by August 11th, 2017 will be eligible to be chosen as a winner (because they have the highest number of GG Rewards Points) or honorable mention (GlobalGiving staff’s favorites). Expired cycles will not be considered.
- For the five honorable mentions, GlobalGiving staff will highlight high-quality examples of organizations demonstrating great Listen, Act, Learn. Repeat case studies. Honorable mention awards are fully subject to GG staff discretion.
- The deadline to update cycles or submit new cycles will be August 11th, 2017.
- During the month of July, GlobalGiving staff will spot-review potential winners’ accounts and may delete duplicate cycles or those with incomplete responses, so only relevant content drives eligibility. We will inform you if we’ve deleted cycles.
- While all organizations are eligible, it may help to know the top-ranking organizations as of early July 2017 have approximately 135 or more Effectiveness Points. Remember that points are only counted if they are part of completed cycles and have not expired.
- Winning organizations may be asked to respond to a short interview to help us develop promotional materials. Organizations that do not respond to repeated interview requests within 10 days may be disqualified.
Prizes and Benefits:
- Winners will receive promotional kits including a digital badge, a sample press release, and sample social media posts to promote their award. The List announcement may be embargoed until a specific launch date.
- GlobalGiving will also promote the winning organizations on the GlobalGiving website, our social media channels, and through other promotional channels.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to make final decisions on all matters concerning the winning organizations and allocation of matching awards.
Top 10 List Timeline:
- August 11th, 2017: deadline for completing and updating GG Rewards Cycles
- September 2017: Winners notified of their selection, sent their badges and promotional kits to prepare for launch
- Mid-September: Public launch of list, GlobalGiving and winners publicize the list
Have questions about the Top 10 List? Email email@example.com.