Today, youth make up 16% of the world’s population, the largest ever in history. Children around the world experience extreme poverty, child marriage and prostitution, internal displacement, increased risk of HIV/AIDS, and so many other challenges. Nevertheless, young people everywhere continue to act as community leaders and peacemakers. That is why the International Youth Day 2017 theme is “Youth Building Peace” to recognize the youth efforts in creating sustainable change. Every day our children give us hope for a better future and a reason to fight for it. This year GlobalGiving wants to celebrate our partners working with our future and we are excited to launch the International Youth Week Campaign!
This August, all projects that work with youth qualify for the week-long campaign. Starting at 9:00am EDT on Monday, August 7th, and running until 11:59pm EDT on International Youth Day, Saturday, August 12th, GlobalGiving will have $13,000 in matching funds available applied at 100% on all eligible donations up to $250. Additionally, there is a 100% match on all recurring donations started during the campaign week (up to $250). GlobalGiving will also be giving out $2,000 worth of bonus prizes to the top 3 projects with the most funds raised and top 3 projects with the most unique donors!
All Partner, Leader, and Superstar organizations on GlobalGiving with active project(s) that include the theme of ‘Children’ are eligible to participate in the International Youth Week Campaign. For information on eligibility, prize breakdown, and more, please review the Terms + Conditions below and watch the GlobalGiving’s International Youth Week Campaign webinar. You can also reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Written by Sonja Knudson, our 2017-2018 Program Fellow.
2017 International Youth Week Campaign
Terms + Conditions
Dates and Eligibility:
- The International Youth Week Campaign on GlobalGiving begins at 9:00:01 EDT on Monday, August 7th, 2017, and ends at 23:59:59 EDT on Saturday, August 12th, 2017.
- Active Partner, Leader, and Superstar organizations on GlobalGiving with project(s) and microprojects including the theme of ‘Children’ are eligible to participate in the International Youth Week Matching Campaign.
- Note: Before promoting a mircroproject, please ensure the end date of that microproject extends through till the end of Youth Week as GlobalGiving cannot grant extensions.
- Eligible projects will be automatically included on the leaderboard.
- Emerging organizations (Accelerator participants) are ineligible to participate in this campaign.
- The deadline to submit any project edits, new projects, project appeals, or project reports is Wednesday, August 2nd.
One-Time Matching Funds:
- There will be $13,000 in matching funds available on this day, applied at 100% on eligible donations up to $250 per unique donor per organization while funds last during this campaign.
- GlobalGiving will match up to $2,000 per project.
- Donations will be matched based on the order in which they are received.
- The International Youth Week Campaign leaderboard will display the remaining matching funds. We encourage you to get donations in early because matching funds may run out quickly.
- For the purposes of calculating matching amounts, donations made in other currencies will be converted to USD. The exchange rate will be estimated at the time of the donation, but may be subject to change until the donation settles with the donor’s bank or credit card. Funds will be disbursed using the exchange rate based on the settlement value of each transaction.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to make final decisions on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
Recurring Matching Funds:
- Recurring Donations: New recurring donations up to $250 per donor per project will have their initial donation matched at 100%.
- Recurring donations started during the International Youth Week Campaign will get an immediate 100% one-time match while funds remain.
- Once Youth Week matching funds have been exhausted, any new recurring donations will still be eligible for the 100% matching offer, but the matching funds will only be applied if the recurring donation remains active for three months.
- Existing recurring donations processed during this week are ineligible for this 100% match.
- At the end of the campaign, the three projects with the most funds raised will receive bonus prizes of $500, $300, and $200.
- At the end of the campaign, the three projects with the most unique donors will receive bonus prizes of $500, $300, and $200.
- Only projects raising more than $2,000 from at least 20 donors (excluding matching funds) during the campaign will be eligible for bonus prizes.
- In the event that there is a tie for one of the top funds raised prizes, the project with the most unique donors during the campaign will get priority.
- In the event that there is a tie for one of the top donor prizes, the project with the most funds raised during the campaign will get priority.
- To maximize your chance of winning a bonus prize, we recommend that organizations select one project to promote during the campaign.
Donation Methods & Eligibility:
- Donation eligibility: Online donations made by credit card, debit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, or an official GlobalGiving gift card or through a fundraiser page are eligible to receive matching funds while funds remain during campaign week. Online donations must be made by the account or credit card holder.
- Check and wire transfers received in GlobalGiving’s Washington DC office between August 7th and August 10th will count towards matching funds and bonus prizes.
- Donation forms that are ineligible to receive matching funds during the 2017 International Youth Week Matching Campaign, include but are not limited to: Cash, text-to-give, CAF check, CAF online, existing recurring donations, donations made by JustGiving, donations made on a GlobalGiving corporate or organizational giving site, or donations made directly to an organization rather than a project.
- The exchange rate will be estimated at the time of the donation, but may be subject to change until the donation settles with the donor’s bank or credit card. Funds will be disbursed using the exchange rate based on the settlement value of each transaction.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- Both donations and matching funds will be disbursed in the usual monthly cycle.
Tax-Efficient Giving & Fulfillment Fee:
- Tax Efficiency: GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States and England and Wales. Donations made by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns. Donations made by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% added to eligible donations by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP.
Fulfillment Fee: GlobalGiving charges a 15% fee on donations (unless other promotions apply), but works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. During the Youth Week the fulfilment fee only applies to the initial donation. The fulfillment fee does not apply to the match. The fee helps cover the costs we incur to promote your organization and projects, provides you with fundraising training and tools, and maintains and improves our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option, we we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee so that you receive the intended amount.