Are you a Partner, Leader, or Superstar on GlobalGiving? Now is the time to find out! Why? Your status will determine how high a match percent your organization will receive in our next big campaign!
This year’s GG Rewards Bonus Day will be from 9:00am to 11:59pm EDT on Wednesday, July 12th. On this day, GlobalGiving will have $110,000 available in matching funds. The match percent depends on your organization’s GG Rewards Status.
Superstar organizations will be matched at 50%, Leaders at 40%, and Partners at 30%.
If you’re not a superstar yet, there’s still time! Your GG Rewards status will lock on July 11th at 9:20 am EDT, so start preparing now by increasing your GG Rewards status to reach Superstar level! To learn more about the GG Reward program, you can watch this short video.
Matching is not all we’re offering this Bonus Day. Also up for grabs will be $2,000 in bonus prizes, homepage time on GlobalGiving, social media promotion, and a raffle to get featured in a GlobalGiving donor newsletter!
We will host a live webinar on Thursday, June 22nd, at 10:00am EDT to review the structure of this Bonus Dayr and discuss best fundraising strategies, so register today! If you are looking to speak with a staff member more in-depth about your strategy, sign up for a one-on-one consultation.
As always, you can send us an email or give us a call at +1 (202) 232-5784 if you have any questions!
2017 GG Rewards Bonus Day Terms and Conditions
Timing and eligibility:
- Bonus Day begins at 9:00:01 EDT on Wednesday, July 12th, 2017, and ends at 23:59:59 EDT on July 12th, 2017.
- Project Eligibility: Active Partner, Leader, and Superstar organizations are eligible to participate in the 2017 GG Rewards Bonus Day, and all their projects — including microprojects — submitted by Friday, July 7th will be automatically included on the leaderboard. (GlobalGiving-sponsored projects and funds are ineligible to receive matching funds on this Bonus Day.)
- There will be $110,000 in matching funds available on this Bonus Day, applied at 30 to 50% to donations depending on your organization’s GG Rewards status.
- Organizations with the GG Rewards status of Partner will be eligible to have their donations matched at 30% until funds run out.
- Organizations with the GG Rewards status of Leader will be eligible to have their donations matched at 40% until funds run out.
- Organizations with the GG Rewards status of Superstar will be eligible to have their donations matched at 50% until funds run out.
- Your GG Rewards Status at 9:20 am EDT on Tuesday, July 11th, 2017, will determine which matching percentage you are eligible for on the July 12th Bonus Day.
- Online one-time donations of up to $1,000 per unique donor per organization are eligible to be matched on Bonus Day.
- Recurring Match: New recurring donations up to $100 per donor per project on Bonus Day will get an additional 100% match on the initial donation as long as it remains active for three months. The recurring match offer will be good throughout the entire Bonus Day.
- Breakdown: On Bonus Day, while the $110,000 in matching funds remain, new recurring donations get the 30-50% one-time match right away (depending on your organization’s GG Rewards partner status), and, if the recurring donations remains active for at least three automatic payments, GlobalGiving will match the initial donation up to $100 an additional 100%.
- Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only distinct donors are counted.
- We encourage you to get donations in early because matching funds will likely run out before the end of the day.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this matching offer.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- Social Media Promotion: Projects that raise more than $5,000 from at least 20 donors will receive social media promotion from GlobalGiving.
- Homepage Time: Projects that raise more than $10,000 from at least 30 donors will receive homepage time on GlobalGiving. Winning organizations will work with GlobalGiving to determine the ideal date to be featured.
- Bonus prizes: The projects with the most funds raised and the most unique donors on Bonus Day will each receive an additional $1,000 cash prize.
- Raffle prize: Every project that exceeds $10,000 in donations raised on the Bonus Day will be entered into a raffle to be featured in a 2017 GlobalGiving donor newsletter (the value of which is estimated to be $5,000 or more in donations and new donors). Organizations will get one raffle ticket for reaching $10,000 and an additional raffle ticket for every subsequent $1,000 raised after that on Bonus Day.
- Example: An organization that raises $10,000 on Bonus Day will get 1 raffle ticket
- Example: An organization that raises $13,000 on Bonus Day will get 4 tickets
- Example: An organization that raises $9,999 on Bonus Day will not be entered into the raffle
Bonus Day Promotion:
- Submit any new projects and/or project edits by 23:59:59 on Friday, July 7th in order to be approved in time for inclusion in the Bonus Day on July 12th.
- Project appeals that contain Bonus Day information must be submitted to GlobalGiving by 23:59:59 on Friday, July 7th in order to be approved in time to be sent out before Bonus Day on July 12th.
Donation Methods & Eligibility:
- Donation eligibility: Only online donations made by credit card, debit card, PayPal, ApplePay, or a GlobalGiving official gift card are eligible for matching funds. Online donations must be made by the account or credit card holder.
- The following forms of donations are ineligible to receive matching funds during the 2017 GG Rewards Bonus Day: Cash, check, text-to-give, CAF check, CAF online, wire transfers, donations made by JustGiving, donations made on a GlobalGiving corporate or organizational giving site, or donations made directly to an organization rather than a project.
- The exchange rate for donations made in currencies other than USD will be estimated at the time of the donation, but may be subject to change until the donation settles with the donor’s bank or credit card. Funds will be disbursed using the exchange rate based on the settlement value of each transaction.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- Disbursements will go out in the usual monthly cycle.
Tax-Efficient Giving & Fulfillment Fee:
- Tax Efficiency: GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States and England and Wales. Donations made by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns. Donations made by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% added to eligible donations by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP.
- Fulfillment Fee: GlobalGiving charges a 15% fee on donations (unless other promotions apply), but works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. During the July 12th Bonus Day, the fulfilment fee only applies to the initial donation. The fulfillment fee does not apply to the match. The fee helps cover the costs we incur to promote your organization and projects, provides you with fundraising training and tools, and maintains and improves our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option (for eligible organizations), we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee so that you receive the intended amount.