Here at GlobalGiving we know there is strength in numbers and that small donations add up to big change. That is why this April we are introducing the Little by Little Matching Campaign to all Partners, Leaders, and Superstars.
Get ready to celebrate the power of small donations and the power of your crowd!
During the week of April 3rd to 7th, GlobalGiving will be matching donations up to $50 at 50% while the $50,000 in matching funds remain. At the end of the week, there will be $3,000 in bonus prizes for the top five fundraising projects. There will also be a 200% match for new recurring donations started during this week!
If your organization is a Partner, Leader, or Superstar, there is no need to fill anything out – just make sure your projects are ready to go and start planning your strategy. Who will you reach out to? Current donors, former donors, new donors?
We say, go for all of the above! And, keep in mind, high-dollar donors often to start off as small-dollar donors. Start building your prospect lists and think about your thank you plan. Treat every donor like a million dollar donor!
We will host a live webinar on Tuesday, March 21st! You can watch the recording here. If you are looking to speak with a staff member more in-depth about your strategy, sign up for a one-on-one consultation.
As always, you can send us an email or give us a call at +1 (202) 232-5784 if you have any questions.
We are excited to launch this campaign with you!
2017 GlobalGiving Little by Little Matching Campaign
Terms + Conditions
- GlobalGiving’s Little by Little Matching Campaign runs from 09:00:01 EDT on Monday, April 3rd, 2017, to 23:59:59 EDT on Friday, April 7th, 2017 or until funds run out.
- Project Eligibility: Active Partner, Leader, and Superstar organizations are eligible to participate in the Little by Little Matching Campaign, and all their projects – including microprojects – will be automatically included on the leaderboard. Please have your projects submitted by Thursday, March 30th to be included in the campaign.
- Matching Funds: There will be $50,000 in matching funds during the Little by Little Matching Campaign, applied at 50% to all donations up to $50 USD per unique donor per project to eligible projects while funds last during the campaign.
- For the purposes of calculating matching amounts, donations made in other currencies will be converted to USD. The exchange rate will be estimated at the time of the donation, but may be subject to change until the donation settles with the donor’s bank or credit card. Funds will be disbursed using the exchange rate based on the settlement value of each transaction.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to make final decisions on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- Donations will be matched based on the order in which they are received.
- The Little by Little Matching Campaign leaderboard will display the remaining matching funds. We encourage you to get donations in early because matching funds may run out quickly.
- Bonus Prizes: There will be $3,000 in bonus prizes awarded to the five projects that raise the most funds: $1,000, $800, $600, $400, and $200. No organization can win more than one bonus prize. To maximize your chance of winning a bonus prize, we recommend organizations pick one project to promote during the campaign.
- Projects must raise at least $3,000 from 30 unique donors to be eligible for bonus prizes.
- Recurring Donations: New recurring donations up to $200 per donor per project will have their initial donation matched at 200%.
- Recurring donations started during the Little by Little Matching Campaign will get an immediate 50% one-time match while funds remain. If the recurring donation remains active for three months, an additional 150% match will be made to the project.
- Once Little by Little matching funds have been exhausted, any new recurring donations will still be eligible for the 200% matching offer, but the matching funds will only be applied to recurring donations once they have completed three automatic payments.
- To put it simply, while Little by Little matching funds remain, new recurring donations get the 50% one-time match right away and your project will retain this match even if the recurring donation is cancelled. If the recurring donations remains active, it will be eligible for an additional 150% match, bringing the total up to 200% matching.
- Donation Eligibility: Only online donations made using credit card, debit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, or a GlobalGiving gift card are eligible for matching. Online donations must be made by the account or credit card holder.
- The following forms of donations are ineligible to receive matching funds during the 2017 Little by Little Matching Campaign: Cash, check, CAF check, CAF Online, wire transfers, text-to-give donations, donations made via JustGiving, donations made on a GlobalGiving corporate or organizational giving site, or donations made directly to an organization rather than a project.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- Any activity not in the spirit of requesting separate individuals to support donations is being moderated by GlobalGiving and GlobalGiving reserves the right to permanently disqualify organizations for any attempts of misconduct.
- Project reports, project appeals, and project edits will take 1-3 business days to process. Project reports containing Little by Little Matching Campaign information must also include a relevant update about your project. Project appeals may be focused specifically on mobilizing donors to support your campaign.
- Disbursements: Matching funds will be applied to projects after the campaign has ended. Disbursements will be made through the usual GlobalGiving disbursement process.
- Tax Efficiency: GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States and England and Wales. Donations made by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns. Donations made by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% added to eligible donations by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP.
- Fulfillment Fee: GlobalGiving charges a 15% fee on donations (unless other promotions apply), but works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. The 15% fee helps cover the costs we incur to promote your organization and projects, provides you with fundraising training and tools, and maintains and improves our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option, we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee so that you receive the intended amount.
For questions, please contact the GlobalGiving team: email@example.com