Here at GlobalGiving we believe in the power of stories. And, in today’s digital world, it is more important than ever for nonprofits to be able to both tell and show their stories. That is why we are excited to announce our sixth annual Video Contest!
Each year our team has the pleasure of watching your inspiring videos and every year the judging gets harder! In 2017, we’ll select one grand prize winner and four runner-ups to be promoted in GlobalGiving’s outreach to donors.
The grand prize winner will also be featured in GlobalGiving’s monthly donor newsletter which is sent to more than 170,000 subscribers! Past video contest winners have received upwards of $6,000 in donations because of this promotion. And every participant benefits by receiving one GG Rewards point for simply entering the contest!
If visual storytelling is already a part of your organization’s fundraising strategy, get ready to select your proudest production! If your organization has been waiting to dive into visual storytelling, now is the time!
How to enter the 2017 Video Contest:
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Edit your project to include your YouTube video (enter the direct YouTube link to your video under the “Project Video” section of the “Photos & Documents” tab).
- Save and Submit your project edits by February 15th and allow the GlobalGiving team one to two business days to approve.
- Submit the URL for your project page and video in this entry form by Friday, February 17th.
ENTRY DEADLINE: 23:59:59 EST on February 17, 2017
Looking for some quick tips? We recommend that you:
- Share a story that is unique to your organization.
- Let that story revolve around your donors and/or the community you serve (not your organization itself).
- Capture honest moments.
- Try using subtitles.
- Aim for one to two minute videos for web content.
- Take donors behind the scenes.
- Have a clear call to action.
- Take a peek at the 2016 GlobalGiving Video Contest winners!
Video Contest Terms + Conditions:
- Participating organizations must be current GlobalGiving Partners, Leaders, or Superstars.
- Please note the project must be listed as “active” on GlobalGiving by the entry form deadline for the video to be eligible.
- Videos must be properly submitted by 23:59:59 EST on Friday, February 17th, 2017, in order to be considered for contest participation.
- Each organization is limited to one video entry.
- Eligible videos must be between 00:30 seconds and three minutes long. Videos that are longer or shorter will be disqualified.
- The submitted video must pertain to the content described in the project.
- Videos should be high quality and creative.
- Videos may not contain copyrighted elements including but not limited to music, videos, and photographs. Please obtain all necessary legal rights for your video content.
- All video participants must give informed consent of their participation in order to take part in the filming of your video.
- Videos may not contain vulgar language or inappropriate content. GlobalGiving reserves the right to determine inappropriate content and disqualify a video.
- GlobalGiving has the right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, create derivative works of, distribute, transmit, and display its trademarks and graphic media in connection with the services and operations of GlobalGiving.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We are happy to help and excited to see your videos soon!