Did you know that 12% of annual giving occurs during the last three days of the year? And that almost a third of nonprofits raise between 26 and 50% of their annual funds just from their year-end ask? We don’t want you to miss out, so with just four days remaining, we are here to help you mobilize your base of supporters!
If you haven’t yet reached out to your supporters; if you have and they haven’t been donating as you had hoped; or if you just need a jump start on one last bit of outreach, we have crafted this short email template and Facebook post below to help get you started!
Just follow these three easy steps to start:
- Cut and paste the template below.
- Hyperlink the two underlined sections of the email template (“there’s still time to contribute” and “Donate Today!”) to your GlobalGiving project page and add your name to the sign-off.
- Send/post to your base of supporters and network members far and wide!
And if you want a few ideas to tweak your template and make it more project-specific to your work:
- Personalize: For example, if you’re using an email system like MailChimp, add a tag so that the salutation specifies the recipient’s name.
- Make it compelling: Share project-specific details or tell a short story in two to three sentences that will connect your supporters to the work that you lead and show them the impact of their donations.
- Emphasize the urgency: Remind your supporters about the limited time to make a contribution and have it count toward the Year-End Campaign, and most importantly, your project’s 2016 goals.
Yes, it’s that easy – so what are you waiting for? There’s no time to waste so reach out today!
Subject: Just 3 Days Left!
It’s not too late to make a difference! The clock is ticking down to the end of 2016, but there’s still time to contribute. Your donation in support of our work will have its impact multiplied by the chance to compete for bonus prizes in GlobalGiving’s Year-End Campaign. And, if you set up a new recurring donation, your first contribution will be matched 200%!
Give because you care about our work. Give because you want to help. And for whatever noble reason you give, don’t forget that all donations made by US donors are tax-deductible – so give by 23:59:59 EST on December 31.
We appreciate any donation, no matter the amount. It’s only thanks to you and your continued support that we are able to provide the critical services that we offer.
It’s not too late – you still have time to contribute! Your donation will help us compete for bonus prizes in GlobalGiving’s Year-End Campaign. And, if you set up a new recurring donation, your first contribution will be matched 200%! [Insert hyperlink to your project page]
Make sure to let us know what kind of response you receive with these templates! And as always, contact us with any questions you may have – we are happy to help!
Written by Michael Smeltzer, Program Team Fellow, and Emma Hersh, Senior Program Manager.