Get ready for GlobalGiving’s Time-Release Bonus Day on September 21st, 2016! GlobalGiving is providing $60,000 in matching funds that will be released in two $30,000 pots as well as awarding $2,000 in bonus prizes! The Time-Release Bonus Day will start at 06:00 am EDT on September 21st and end at 23:59:59 pm EDT on September 21st.
How will the matching funds work?
Online donations of up to $1,000 per donor are eligible to be matched at 30%, while funds last. The $60,000 available in matching funds will be divided into two equal pots. Those pots — of $30,000 each — will be available as matching funds beginning at 06:00:01 am EDT and 12:00:01 pm EDT respectively. Having two release times will allow GlobalGiving to accommodate our nonprofit partners in different time zones. All matching will end at 23:59:59 EDT on September 21st, or when funds run out. We encourage you to plan your fundraising around these release times as matching funds will likely run out before the end of the Bonus Day.
What about bonus prizes?
GlobalGiving will be awarding two $1,000 bonus prizes to the projects with the highest number of unique donors and most funds raised on Bonus Day.
How can I find out more?
If you have any questions or want more information, we will be hosting a live webinar on August 24th at 10:00 am EDT. During this session we will talk through the Terms + Conditions of the campaign and provide tips on how to inspire donors to maximize this unique opportunity.
We also have one-on-one consultations available with our staff if you are interested in speaking with someone about your strategy. To reserve a time, you can sign up here.
As always, let us know if you have any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 202.232.5784.
Terms + Conditions
Campaign Date & Time
- Time-Release Bonus Day on GlobalGiving.org begins at 06:00:01 EDT on September 21st, 2016, and ends at 23:59:59 EDT on September 21st, 2016.
- All projects on GlobalGiving.org are automatically enrolled to participate in the Bonus Day.
- To be cross-posted from GlobalGiving.co.uk to GlobalGiving.org — and thus eligible to participate in the Time-Release Bonus Day — you must complete this expression of interest form by close of business on Friday, September 9th.
- A total of $60,000 USD in matching funds will be available.
- Matching funds will be released at two separate times and a 30% match will be applied to each donation from $10 USD up to $1,000 USD per donor per organization until funds run out or until 23:59:59 EDT, September 21st, 2016.
- $30,000 USD will be released at 06:00:01 EDT and end at 11:59:59 EDT or when funds run out.
- $30,000 USD will be released at 12:00:01 EDT and end at 23:59:59 EDT or when funds run out.
- The project that raises the most funds on Bonus Day through GlobalGiving.org will receive a $1,000 bonus prize.
- The project that has the most unique donors on Bonus Day through GlobalGiving.org will receive a $1,000 bonus prize.
- Only donations made by unique donors per organization up to $1,000 USD during the Bonus Day will be eligible to be matched. Unique donors are determined using criteria including but not limited to name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We monitor these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only distinct donors are counted.
- GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this matching offer.
- GlobalGiving reserves the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- Only online donations made by credit card, PayPal, or a GlobalGiving official gift card are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Donations made on globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites including Benevity and JustGiving will not be eligible for matching in this campaign.
- GlobalGiving funds, such as disaster funds set up and posted by GlobalGiving.org, are not eligible for matching.
- We encourage you to get donations in immediately following the two release times of 06:00:01 EDT and 12:00:01 EDT as matching funds will likely run out before the end of the Bonus Day. Please refer to the Leaderboard to see available matching funds.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- All new projects and/or project edits must be submitted by Friday, September 16th, in order to be approved in time for inclusion in the Bonus Day on Wednesday, September 21st.
- Any project reports that contain Bonus Day information must be submitted to GlobalGiving by Friday, September 16th, in order to be approved in time to be sent out before Bonus Day on Wednesday, September 21st. Any report containing Bonus Day information must also include a relevant update about your project.
Tax Efficient Giving & Fulfillment Fee
- GlobalGiving.org is a registered nonprofit in the United States. Donations made on GlobalGiving.org can only be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns.
- Fulfillment fee for donations: GlobalGiving charges a 15% fulfillment fee on donations but works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. The fulfillment fee only applies to the initial donation during the Bonus Day and does not apply to the match nor to any bonus prizes awarded. The fee covers all transactional charges such as credit card fees, as well as helps to cover the costs incurred by GlobalGiving.org to promote organizations and projects, provide nonprofit partners with fundraising training and tools, and maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option, we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee.