Get ready for the March Pro-Rated Bonus Day! GlobalGiving is putting up $75,000 in matching to help you mobilize donations to your projects. Starting at 09:00:00 EDT on March 16th, all donations until midnight are eligible to be matched at the Pro-Rated percent.
What is the Pro-Rated percent?
The Pro-Rated percent is based on the total amount of funds raised on Bonus Day, the amount your organization has raised, and the amount of matching funds that are available. This means we don’t yet know what the matching percent will be but we will find out at the end of the Bonus Day. With this structure, GlobalGiving is able to offer matching funds for every online donation during the day.
Are you wondering how to figure out how much matching you will get?
(amount of funds you raise/amount of total funds raised on Bonus Day) x $75,000 = matching funds you receive
Here is a real life example from last May’s Pro-Rated Bonus Day
- In the May 2015 Pro-Rated Bonus Day, Children’s Joy Foundation raised $52,505
- The total raised on that Bonus Day was $289,476
- There was $75,000 available, here is how the matching worked for Children’s Joy Foundation:
- ($52,505/$289,476) x $75,000 = $13,603 in matching
- That would a matching percentage of ($13,603/$52,505) x 100 = 25.9%
Each donation you receive until midnight will be matched at the pro-rated percent! This also means that your donors don’t have to give right away at 9am EDT. They can wait until later in the day or until the very last second!
We are also excited to announce that GlobalGiving UK will be joining this campaign! If your projects are listed on GlobalGiving UK, donations through GlobalGiving UK will also be eligible for their Pro-Rated Bonus Day. Additionally, donations made through GlobalGiving UK by UK citizens are eligible for GiftAid, an 25% match provided by the UK government. Keep in mind, the campaigns are separate and so their Pro-Rated percent will be different from GlobalGiving’s.
To get your project listed on GlobalGiving UK for the Bonus Day, just complete this form by March 7th.
If you have any questions or want some more information, we will be hosting a webinar on Thursday, February 25th at 9am EST and again at 3pm EST. We will be discussing the Pro-Rated structure and providing tips on how to communicate with donors to maximize this unique opportunity!
We also have one-on-one consultations available with our staff if you are interested in speaking with someone about your strategy. You can sign up for one here.
Terms & Conditions
- Bonus Day begins at 09:00:00 EDTon March 16, 2016 and ends at 23:59:59 PM EDT on March 16, 2016
- There is $75,000 in matching funds available.
- Online donations of up to $1,000 per individual donor per organization are eligible to be matched.
- Matching will be determined on a pro-rated basis. Organizations will receive a percentage of the matching pool based on the percent of funds their project raises from the total raised.
- Here is the formula to determine matching funds:
(amount of funds you raise/total amount raised) x $75,000 = matching funds you receive
- Here is the formula to determine matching funds:
- Final matching allocation will be determined by March 18th at 23:59:59 EDT. Before that date, matching on the Leaderboard is not confirmed.
- Projects must be approved and live on the org website by March 14, 2016 to be eligible.
- Online donations made through GlobalGiving UK are only eligible for the Pro-Rated in the GlobalGiving UK Pro-Rated Bonus Day.
- To be cross-posted to the GlobalGiving UK platform before the Bonus Day, expression of interest forms must be submitted no later than 17:00:00 on March 7th, 2016
- Please refer to GlobalGiving.co.uk for additional terms and conditions for the GlobalGiving UK campaign
- Only donations made by unique donors per organization will be matched. Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted.
- Only online donations made by credit card, PayPal, or a GlobalGiving official gift card are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Donations made on any GlobalGiving corporate sites including Benevity are not eligible for matching.
- GlobalGiving funds, such as the Ebola Fund and Girl Effect are not eligible for matching.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this match]’ng offer.
- Online donations made using PayPal or credit card must be made by the PayPal account or credit card holder.
- GlobalGiving will indicate in your donation manager which donations are eligible to be matched based on the time that the donation was made and the method of payment. This does not guarantee that a specific donation will be matched.
- Any donor who makes an eligible donation on Bonus Day will be able to see the matching funds for their donation on their GlobalGiving receipt page if they refresh the receipt page after 60 seconds. This does not guarantee that a specific donation will be matched.
- GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit in the United States. Donations made on org can only be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns.
- Fulfillment fee for donations: GlobalGiving charges a 15% fulfillment fee on donations but works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. During the March 16, 2016 Bonus Day the fulfillment fee only applies to the initial donation. The fulfillment fee does not apply to the match. The fee covers all transactional charges such as credit card fees, as well as helps cover the costs we incur to promote organizations and projects, provide them with fundraising training and tools, and maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option, we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee.
As always, let us know if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org