The final Bonus Day of 2015 is here!
So far, GlobalGiving has hosted a 30% Bonus Day in March, a Pro-Rated Bonus Day in May where every online donation got matched at 25.9%, and a Partner Rewards Bonus Day in July which was our largest GlobalGiving Bonus Day ever!!
Wrapping up an exciting year of matching campaign, we will be hosting our final Bonus Day on September 16th.
Starting at 9am EDT on September 16th, GlobalGiving will be matching online donations at 30% until the $70,000 in matching runs out or until 23:59:59 p.m. EDT.
Of course we need to spice it up a little! Not only will there be $70,000 in matching, but GlobalGiving has tripled the amount of Bonus Award money available. Our typical $2,000 in bonuses awards has ballooned up to $6,000!
Here is the prize structure:
- $1,500 for the project with the most funds raised
- $1,000 for the project with the second most funds raised
- $500 for the project with the third most funds raised
- $1,500 for the project with the most unique donors
- $1,000 for the project with the second most unique donors
- $500 for the project with the third most unique donors
To maximize the number of organizations benefiting, an organization can only win ONE of the six prizes, even if it has multiple projects near the top of the Leaderboard.
Also in response to feedback we have gotten from our nonprofit partners, GlobalGiving is changing our donation cap for each donor. The new maximum to be matched is $1,000 per unique donor per organization. This means that your donors can only give $1,000 total that will be matched on Bonus Day, no matter how many projects you have available. If a donor gives $1,000 to multiple of your projects, only the first $1,000 will be matched.
As usual, GlobalGiving will be hosting a webinar to help you prepare for the Bonus Day and to learn more about the new terms and conditions.
Join us on August 26th at either 9am EDT or 3pm EDT.
Terms and Conditions:
- Bonus Day begins at 09:00:00 a.m. EDT on September 16, 2015 and ends at 23:59:59 EDT on September 16, 2015.
- There is $70,000 in matching funds available. Once funds run out, donations will no longer be matched.
- Online donations are eligible to be matched at 30%, up to a total of $1,000 per individual donor per organization across all projects and microprojects. So for example a donation of $1,500 will receive a $300 match.
- Bonus Prizes:
- All bonus prizes will be determined at 23:59:59 p.m. EDT on September 16, 2015 pending GlobalGiving approval.
- The project/microproject that raises the most donations on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,500 from GlobalGiving.
- The project/microproject that raises the second most donations on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- The project/microproject that raises the third most donations on Bonus Day will receive an additional $500 from GlobalGiving
- The project/microproject that has the most unique donors on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,500 from GlobalGiving.
- The project/microproject that has the second most unique donors on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- The project/microproject that has the third most unique donors on Bonus Day will receive an additional $500 from GlobalGiving.
- An organization can only win ONE bonus prize. In the event that an organization could win more than one, the highest value prize will be allocated to the organization.
- If the organization would win the same value Bonus for unique donors and most funds raised, the organization will win the prize for most funds raised and not win a prize for most donors.
- An organization cannot win multiple prizes on multiple projects. Therefore, if one of the organization’s projects has the most funds and another of their projects has the second most funds, the organization will only be awarded one prize of $1,500.
- If projects/microprojects tie for any of the most donations raised prizes than the project that has more unique donors will receive the bonus prize.
- If projects/microprojects tie for any of the most unique donors prizes than the project that has more donations raised will receive the bonus prize.
- Projects must be approved and live on the globalgiving.org website by September 14, 2015 to be eligible.
- Only donations made by unique donors per project will be matched. Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted.
- Only online donations made by credit card, PayPal, or a GlobalGiving official gift card are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Donations made on globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites including Benevity are not eligible for matching.
- GlobalGiving funds, such as the Ebola Fund and Girl Effect are not eligible for matching.
- We encourage you to get donations in early, because matching funds will likely run out before the end of the day.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this matching offer.
- Online donations made using PayPal or credit card must be made by the PayPal account or credit card holder.
- GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
- GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit in the United States. Donations made on globalgiving.org can only be claimed as a tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns.
- Fulfillment fee for donations: GlobalGiving charges a 15% fulfillment fee on donations but works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. During the September 16th, 2015 Bonus Day the fulfillment fee only applies to the initial donation. The fulfillment fee does not apply to the match. The fee covers all transactional charges such as credit card fees, as well as helps cover the costs we incur to promote organizations and projects, provide them with fundraising training and tools, and maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option, we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.