It’s here, GlobalGiving’s fourth annual Video Contest! Every year the GlobalGiving team and our donors are blown away by the amazing submissions. Telling your project’s story through a short film is a great way to inspire donors and give them insight into your work. Read on to learn more about creating an effective short film and details about the contest. We can’t wait to watch your video!
Video Training: Not your Everyday Webinar
Our friends at What Took You So Long Foundation (WTYSL) were kind enough to make an educational video filled with tips on telling projects’ stories through film. This eye catching instructional video offers 34 tips and examples for creating short films about non-profit organizations and international projects. You don’t want to miss it! Click here to watch.
Inspired by WTYSL’s work? We are too! Click here to learn more about this incredible team. You can also learn more about What Took You So Long? by:
- Reading their Blog
- Following them on Instagram
- Checking out their Facebook
- Following them on Twitter
- Watching their films on Vimeo
So now that you are an expert film maker you may need a little inspiration to get started. Take a look at last year’s grand prize winner, the SOLD project, here.
Terms and Conditions:
- Participating organizations must be current GlobalGiving Partners, Leaders, or Superstars.
- Please note that projects not featured on GlobalGiving.org are not eligible.
- Eligible videos must be between 30 seconds and 3 minutes long. Videos that are longer than 3 minutes will be disqualified.
- Videos must be embedded in the GlobalGiving project page in order to qualify for the Video Contest.
- The submitted video must focus on the content described in the project.
- Videos must be high quality and creative.
- Videos may not contain any copyrighted element including music, videos, or photographs. Be sure that you have obtained all necessary legal rights for the content of your video.
- All video participants must give informed consent of their participation in order to take part in the filming of your video.
- Videos may not contain vulgar language or inappropriate content. GlobalGiving reserves the right to determine inappropriate content and disqualify a video.
- Organizations may submit one video per organization.
- Videos must be submitted by 23:59:59 EST (what time in your city) on Friday, February 20th in order to be considered for contest participation.
Adding Music to your Video
Looking for some music to add to your video without worry about copyright issues? Check out the Vimeo Music Store. The Vimeo Music Store includes songs for commercial use and the site even provides some great songs for free!
How to submit your video:
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Embed your YouTube video into your project page. See instructions here. Save and submit your project edits by February 18th to be eligible. The GlobalGiving team will review and approve your changes within 1-2 business days.
- Submit the web address for your project page and video in this entry form by February 20th.
The top five videos will be selected to be featured in GlobalGiving’s social media. One grand prize winner will be featured in GlobalGiving’s monthly donor newsletter that currently has 130,000 plus subscribers. Last year’s winner raised almost $6,000 when featured! Our grand prize winner will be chosen by Backpacker Films, Inc. who have generously donated their time to help us judge. Check out their work and more information on their site!