It’s official! 2014 was GlobalGiving’s best year yet. More than 1,800 organizations raised more than $32 million from individual and corporate donations this past year—wow!
So, before we begin the hustle and bustle of the New Year, we want to pause to say thank YOU. Thank you for the amazing work that you are doing here in the U.S. and in 149 countries around the world. In 2014, you gave hundreds of children a life-changing education in Kenya, Peru, and Afghanistan. You provided crucial healthcare in Liberia, India, and Guatemala. You empowered communities in Cambodia, South Africa, and the Philippines to be financially sustainable. And so much more.
To recognize your great work on and off GlobalGiving, we have put together the 2014 Superlative Awards! Check out the ‘best of 2014’ here.
Your world-changing work inspired more than 60,000 donors to give in 2014! Your quarterly reports, openness, and transparency gave our 60 corporate partners the confidence to invest in your GlobalGiving projects. Check out some exciting stats from 2014.
2014 in Numbers
- More than $32 million was donated to projects through GlobalGiving. That’s a 45% increase from the year before!
- Our Product and Business Development Teams continued to work hard to drive traffic to the site—we had 3 million visitors in 2014!
- 60,000 individuals made donations on GlobalGiving in 2014. And 52% of donors chose to add-on a portion of GlobalGiving’s fee to their donation, helping to direct more dollars to your projects!
- Thanks to corporate partners like VMware and EMC, we sent out more than $2.4 million in gift cards in December alone (gift cards can be redeemed on any GlobalGiving project!);
- Monthly recurring donation volume on the site continued to increase. We processed $1.66 million in monthly recurring donations, that’s 18% more than 2013!
- 60 companies gave a whopping $22.7 million through cause-marketing, grants management, gift card, and employee giving programs with GlobalGiving in 2014! That’s almost $10 million more than last year.
Blown away? The growth that we experienced in 2014 was no coincidence. The team at GlobalGiving worked hard to attract new donors, develop and manage valuable corporate partnerships, and provide you with a better user experience and more opportunities to reach out to your own networks.
Here are some highlights:
- Our mission is not only to help you access more funding, but also to connect you to information, ideas, and tools so you can be a more effective organization. So, in 2014, GlobalGiving launched our new Effectiveness Dashboard to help your organization listen, act, and learn on and off GlobalGiving. Visit your organization’s Effectiveness Dashboard and check out our new effectiveness tools!
- GlobalGiving continued to facilitate Microsoft’s YouthSpark initiative on GlobalGiving, making it possible for GlobalGiving Leaders and Superstars providing education, job training, and entrepreneurship opportunities to youth to benefit from incredible matching opportunities. Microsoft offered $350,000 in matching funds to eligible GlobalGiving partners on #GivingTuesday in December. More than 200 projects raised $530,000 (not including matching) in one day!
- Last year, GlobalGiving’s representatives visited 300 of GlobalGiving’s partners in the field. Site visits make it possible for GlobalGiving to better advocate for our partners in conversations with donors and corporate partners. These visits also help us strengthen our relationships with you, our partners!
- In 2014, we doubled down on what you told us that you wanted most: Bonus Days. We offered $345,000 in matching funds to all GlobalGiving partners—that’s $145,000 more than the year before! Our partners raised more than $1.5 million in our four Bonus Days and our Year-End Campaign.
- GlobalGiving has raised more than $3 million to combat the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. We are working closely with more than 20 organizations to support local response efforts. Time and time again we’ve found that after a disaster, locally driven organizations are best positioned to respond to the nuanced needs of their communities, and they are the ones most likely to bring about lasting recovery in the area.
Ok, so 2014 was amazing but 2015 is going to be even better!
We are excited to share our 2015 Campaign Calendar. Take some time to explore and identify promotions that are right for your organization.
Want to learn more about our 2015 calendar?
Join us for a webinar on Wednesday, January 14th for an overview of our fundraising campaigns and promotions taking place in 2015. We’ll equip you with strategies for successful fundraising in the New Year.
Date: Wednesday, January 14
Webinar Link: anymeeting.com/globalgivingus1