On Thursday June 26th, GlobalGiving held two webinars to prepare you all for our upcoming Partner Rewards Bonus Day! We discussed the basic Terms and Conditions, what are Partner Rewards Levels and how to find out yours, tips and tricks for succeeding in the Bonus Day, and the support GlobalGiving can provide you leading up to this event.
If you were not able to attend or you would like to listen again you can view the presentation and listen to the recording here.
Basic Bonus Day Information
This Matching Day honors all the hard work you all have put in to being Partners, Leaders, and Superstars. The amount of matching you and your organization will receive is dependent on your Partner Rewards Status. Partners will receive 30% in matching funds, Leaders will receive 40% in matching funds, and Superstars will receive 50% in matching funds. We are also excited to announce that for this Partner Rewards Bonus Day, we are adding an extra $10,000 in matching funds! Now, the total amount of matching funds available is $130,000. We are offering a $1,000 bonus award for the project that raises the most funds and a $500 bonus award for the project that comes in second place. There’s more! We are also offering another $1,000 bonus award for most individual donors and a $500 award for the project that comes in second place.
Terms and Conditions
- Bonus Day begins at 9:00 am EDT on July 16th, 2014 (time in your city) and ends at 11:59 pm EDT (time in your city) on July 16th, 2014
- There is $130,000 in matching funds available
- Online donations of up to $1,000 per individual donor per project are eligible to be matched at 30% to 50% depending on the organization’s Partner Rewards Level.
- Organizations ranked as Partner will have their donations matched at 30%, organizations ranked as Leader will have their donations matched at 40%, and organizations ranked as Superstar will have their donations matched at 50%.
- The organization that raises the most donations on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving. This bonus prize is determined at 11:59 pm EDT on July 16th
- The organization comes in second place for most donations on Bonus Day will receive an additional $500 from GlobalGiving. This bonus prize is determined at 11:59 pm EDT on July 16th.
- The organization that secures the most unique donors on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving. This bonus prize is determined at 11:59 pm EDT on July 16th.
- The organization that comes in second place for most unique donors on Bonus Day will receive an additional $500 from GlobalGiving. This bonus prize is determined at 11:59 pm EDT on July 16th.
- Projects must be approved and live on the GlobalGiving.org website by July 14th to be eligible.
- Only online donations (credit card or PayPal) are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Donations made on globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites including Benevity are not eligible for matching.
- Funds, such as disaster funds are not eligible for matching.
- We encourage you to get donations in early, because matching funds will likely run out before the end of the day.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this matching offer.
- GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
Your Partner Rewards
To maximize this upcoming Bonus Day as much as possible, it is important to know the ins and outs of Partner Rewards. To start, below are easy steps to finding your Partner Rewards Level:
- Log-in to Project Entry (PE)
- Access your dashboard
- You will see a grey box titled, “Reward Level”
- Click “Reward Level”
Once you complete these steps, you will see that there are different sub-categories GlobalGiving uses to determine your Partner Rewards Level. Your level is based upon the lowest sub-rank. For example, if you are a Leader in the reporting sub-category and a Superstar in the other five categories, your Partner Rewards Level will be Leader. These levels are also calculated every single day around 8 AM EST. This allows all of you to have a chance to increase your Partner Rewards Level and maintain your high statuses. Remember – all matching will be calculated based on your organization’s Partner Rewards Level as of 11:00 PM EDT (time in your city) on Tuesday, July 15th! Be sure that your Partner Rewards Level is secure by this time.
Bonus Day Tips and Tricks
Follow the strategy below to plan out a success Bonus Day.
Week 1, June 23-27: Start initial preparations for the Bonus Day
- Bonus Day Funding Goal (excluding matching funds and bonus prizes):______________
- How many donors do you need to reach your funding goal?:________________
- Learn more about Partner Rewards Bonus Day by clicking here.
- Learn your organization’s Partner Rewards Level.
Week 2, June 30 – July 4: Identify supporters and get feedback
- Identify potential donors, such as board members, former volunteers and interns, and friends/family
- Identify donor captains. Donor captains are responsible for raising a funding goal on the day of Bonus Day. For example, a donor captain may be a former intern that is excited about your work and pledges to raise a certain amount of money from a certain amount of donors for your project. Donor captains help your organization grow its network of supporters.
- Contact donor captains. Let them know why you are asking for their help and tell them how they can help. Remember your donor captains are persons that care about your organization, the work you are doing, and most importantly they care about you (this is the number one reason donors give – they know and trust you)!
- Set up a consultation call with Katherine to go over your strategy and get feedback. Click here to sign up for a consultation.
Week 3, July 7 – July 11: Begin communication with supporters and write communications for Bonus Day
- Send an email to your network letting them know that on July 16th you will be asking them for a favor, and tell them to look out for an email. Include a quote from a beneficiary, a story about one of your beneficiaries, or an update on how your project is doing. You want to make sure that you remind them about the great work your organization is doing, and why their donation will make a difference. Include a world clock announcer, so they know that time Bonus Day starts in their location, but do not include the link to give.
- Call you major donors and supporters to let them know about the Bonus Day on the 16th, and that they should be on the look out for an email from you about how to give on July 16th
- Put together messaging for your organization to use on Bonus Day. This should include the following:
- A project report for GlobalGiving. Submit your project report to GlobalGiving before Bonus Day, and request that it be sent out on July 16th at 9 AM EDT (Bonus Day start time). In your project report include an update about your project, a quote from a beneficiary, and/or story of one of your beneficiaries. Also, don’t forget to include a call-to-action for donors to give on Bonus Day. Your project report should inspire them to give.
- Write and send messaging for your donor captains to use for Bonus Day asks. You want to make sure that assisting your organization is easy for them, and that they are sharing the correct information. Include a template email, sample tweets, and sample Facebook posts, if relevant.
Week 4, July 14 – 18: Bonus Day week and thank you notes
- Day before Bonus Day: Send out an email to supporters the day before Bonus Day letting them know that there is an opportunity for them to have their donation matched. Let them know when Bonus Day starts. Include the world clock event announcer, so they know what time Bonus Day starts in their location. Do not include a link to your project page or how to give quite yet!
- Bonus Day: When Bonus Day starts at 9 AM EDT, send out an email to your supporters letting them know that you are now asking for the favor, and why. Include directions on how to give, by including a direct link to your project page. Remember – do not send donors to GlobalGiving’s homepage! Please send donors directly to your project page in order to minimize confusion and clicks.
- Day after Bonus Day: Make sure you thank your donors in a timely manner by using GlobalGiving’s thank you note feature. Click here to learn more about the thank you note feature.
Support at GlobalGiving
If you are feeling overwhelmed at all about the Bonus Day, there is no need to worry. GlobalGiving is here to help! Katherine will be setting up consultations calls for anyone who wants to know more about Partner Rewards, how to increase their Partner Rewards, and additional information about the Bonus Day. You can click here to sign up!
Listen, Act, Learn. Repeat.
We know your time and resources are valuable. We want to help you be as effective as possible with those resources, and we’ve seen that effectiveness is driven by a cycle of progress that involves listening, acting, and learning (and repeating — doing it all again). Below, find an exercise that will help you start the listening, acting, and learning process.
- LISTEN: You just listened to a presentation on fundraising for Partner Rewards Bonus Day and read a summary of the presentation.
- ACT: What is one fundraising strategy you are going to use to fundraise for Partner Rewards Bonus Day?
- LEARN: How will you know whether your fundraising strategy worked? What results will you look for in order to measure success?
All the Best,
Sylvia Lorenzini & The GlobalGiving Team