It’s time to gear up for Bonus Day! Bonus Day will take place on May 7, 2014. Bonus Day is a great opportunity for your organization to earn matching funds! GlobalGiving will be giving away $75,000 and two $1,000 prizes. Read on to learn more about Bonus Day, tips and ticks for success, and to sign-up for a one-on-one consultation.
Terms and Conditions
- Matching will begin on Wednesday, May 7 at 9:00 AM EDT and will end on Wednesday, May 7 at 11:59 PM EDT, or when funds run out.
- $75,000 are available in matching funds.
- Matching is applied at 30% up to $1,000 per donor per project (for example, a donation of $1,500 will receive a $300 match).
- Only donations made by unique donors per project will be matched.
- Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted.
- The project that raises the most funds on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- The project that has the most unique donors on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- Projects must be approved and live on the GlobalGiving.org website by May 5, 2014 to be eligible.
- Only online donations (credit card or PayPal) are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Donations made on GlobalGiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites including Eli Lilly and Benevity are NOT eligible for matching.
- Funds, such as the Girl Effect Fund and disaster funds are not eligible for matching.
- We encourage you to get donations in early, because matching funds will likely run out before the end of the day.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this matching offer.
- GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
Still have questions? Please contact Katherine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Listen, Act, Learn. Repeat. – Prepping for Bonus Day
For some of you this may be your first Bonus Day as a GlobalGiving partner, but for others it may be one of many. No matter your experience level we hope you find the information below useful. Below please find tips from one of GlobalGiving’s top Bonus Day fundraisers and an article on the importance of great images.
Communication Strategy Brought to You by a Bonus Day Rockstar – RefugeeOne
When putting together your organization’s fundraising strategy take into account the helpful tips below.
- Call major donors and board members
- Send a series of emails to your donor network
- 1st email – Send the week before Bonus Day. Have this message be a teaser. Do not revealing the nature of the match. For example, “Keep a lookout for an opportunity to make your donation BIG!”
- 2nd email – Send the Monday before Bonus Day. Include a story about a beneficiary. This is still a teaser (don’t reveal how to give yet).
- 3rd email – Send the day before Bonus Day. This is the last of the teasers. For example, “Tomorrow get ready to make your donation count. Check your email tomorrow to find out how!”
- 4th email – Send the day of at 9 am EDT. Reveal the GlobalGiving Bonus Day match and include a direct link to your project page. Saving information on how to give until the last email will prevent donors from giving too early.
Use GlobalGiving Tools
- Send out a project report with an update and a Bonus Day call to action. You are able schedule project reports to be sent at a desired date and time. Scheduling your project reports will allow you to manage your fundraising strategy.
- If you haven’t thanked your donors then now is the time! Use GlobalGiving’s thank you feature to send emails directly to donors that have given to your project(s). Click here to learn more.
It’s all in the Image
High-quality and captivating photos matter (we promise). Check out an article written by Caryn Stein. Caryn makes a strong case for the importance of photos. Her findings will be a great resource for your organization as you decide what content to use when promoting Bonus Day.
Sign-up for a Consultation – We want to help!
Sign-up for a consultation to talk about your fundraising strategy with Katherine. She is here to help you create your plan. Click here to sign-up.