Do you wish GlobalGiving offered an Earth Day campaign? Promoted Diwali giving? Could support a fundraiser campaign on your timeline? For the first time ever, GlobalGiving is offering your organization the opportunity to apply for funding to use in your own online fundraising campaign! You set the dates and create an incentive structure that best fits your supporters.
Promotions can take place anytime in 2014 but the deadline to apply is Friday, March 7th. Apply online here.
How does it work?
- Only GlobalGiving Partners, Leaders, and Superstars with active projects on GlobalGiving.org are eligible to apply.
- Organizations may apply for a minimum of $500 and a maximum of $2,500 in campaign funds to be used as bonus awards or other financial incentives.
- Organizations will be required to specify a campaign goal that is at least twice the value of the requested funds. For example, if an organization is requesting $500 from the Do-It-Yourself Campaign Fund, the campaign goal must be at least $1,000.
- In order to receive the campaign funds from GlobalGiving, organizations must achieve the campaign goal within the specified period of the campaign.
- Campaign dates will be determined at the discretion of the organization. The campaign may not exceed one month in length.
- GlobalGiving is not able to provide additional website support for your proposed campaign. We cannot build a customized leaderboard or other similar campaign tools.
What dates should I select for our campaign?
The Do-It-Yourself Campaign Fund gives organizations the opportunity to fundraise on particular days or times of the year that best suit the organization’s audience and work. So, for example, if your organization works in the area of water and sanitation, you may consider organizing a fundraising promotion for World Water Day, which is March 22nd. Or, if your organization’s supporters observe Ramadan, you may choose to organize a fundraising promotion in honor of this religious holiday from June 28 until July 28, 2014.
What types of campaigns will GlobalGiving support?
These funds are not intended to be used as traditional matching grants (such as a 2 to 1 matching offer). Organizations are encouraged to identify an alternative incentive structure.
Here are some examples of Do-It-Yourself Campaigns:
- Earth Day Recurring Donation Campaign: Encourage your supporters to invest in the future of our planet! Offer 100% match on all new recurring donations on the condition that donors commit to give for four consecutive months. Kick off the campaign on April 1st and end the campaign on Earth Day, April 22nd.
- Diwali Tribute Card Campaign: Invite your supporters to make a donation as a gift for Diwali! Offer a $10 match for all donations made as a gift leading up to Diwali on October 23rd.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraiser Campaign: Ask your supporters to create a GlobalGiving fundraiser to raise money in October in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Offer $100 match to every donor who raises $500 for your project through a GlobalGiving fundraiser.
Get creative! Develop a campaign structure that is designed to incentivize a desired donor behavior.
Preference will be given to proposals that are well-prepared and realistic.
Please feel free to reach out to Alexis Nadin at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Questions? Join GlobalGiving for a conference call on Thursday, February 27th at 11:00 am EST (find this time in your city) to learn more. Call +1-202-464-6816 to join.