GlobalGiving is hosting a Bonus Day on February 12th. Recently, we held a webinar to go over the terms and conditions, discuss tips and tricks, and review GlobalGiving’s tools in order to make Bonus Day successful for your organization. In case you missed the webinar, or would like a refresher, here’s the summary, slides, and recording of the webinar.
Don’t miss out on an opportunity for your organization to receive matching funds! For one day only, GlobalGiving is giving away $75,000. Read on to learn more.
Bonus Day Highlights
Terms and Conditions
- Click here to see a the full terms and conditions
Tips from Bonus Day veteran RefugeeOne
- Call major donors and board members
- Send a series of emails to your donor network
- 1st email – send the week before Bonus Day. Made the email a teaser, not revealing the nature of the match. For example, “Keep a lookout for an opportunity to make your donation BIG!”
- 2nd email – send the Monday before Bonus Day. Include a story about a beneficiary. Still a teaser (don’t reveal how to give yet).
- 3rd email – send the day before Bonus Day. Last of the teasers. For example, “Tomorrow get ready to make your donation count. Check your email tomorrow to find out how!”
- 4th email – send the day of at 9 am EST. Reveal GlobalGiving Bonus Day match and include a direct link to your project page. Saving information on how to give until the last email will prevent donors from giving too early.
- Project Reports
- Write a Bonus Day call to action in your project report. But don’t just ask for donors to give. Pair it with a story or update from the project.
- Get it in quickly! You can easily schedule your reports to be sent out on Bonus Day.
- Tribute Cards
- It’s almost Valentine’s Day! Use this opportunity to have donors give a “gift or in-honor-of” using the tab on your project page. Give them the direct link in all your emails, project reports, and social media messages
- Share a direct link to the “gift or in-honor-of” tab on your project page. Donors give when it’s easy. Include the direct link in all of your emails, project reports, and social media messages. Here’s how you create the direct link to the “gift” option: Project URL+?show=gift
- Here’s an example: http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/fund-raising/?show=gift
GlobalGiving Support – We are here for you!
- Click here to schedule a one-on-one support session.
Jenn, Emily, and Katherine