We have some news about 2014 that we think you’re really going to like: This year, GlobalGiving will be offering $345,000 in matching funds—that’s $145,000 more than last year! We’re doubling down on what you want most, Bonus Days. We’ve also made some other exciting changes to our campaign calendar, including the first-ever Do-It-Yourself Campaign Fund, an opportunity to apply for funding to use in your own online fundraising campaign, and more hands-on fundraising training opportunities! Learn more about what we have planned in our 2014 Calendar.
Before we get carried away by 2014, we would like to pause to say thank you for the great work that each of our project partners carried out over the last 12 months. This year, YOU sent hundreds of children to school in India, Nigeria, and Guatemala. You provided life-saving healthcare in the Philippines, Haiti, and Kenya. You empowered communities in Uganda, Honduras, and the United States to be financial sustainable. And so much more.
We are honored to work with over 1,500 incredible organizations in 144 countries around the world! To recognize your great work on and off GlobalGiving, we have put together GlobalGiving’s first-ever Non-Profit Superlative Awards! Check out the ‘best of 2013’ here.
Your world-changing work inspired more than 70,000 donors to give in 2013! Your quarterly reports, openness, and transparency gave our 60 corporate partners the confidence to invest in your GlobalGiving projects. Together, we facilitated more than $22 million in donations—that’s more than ever before!
2013 in Numbers
- In 2013, $22 million was donated to projects through GlobalGiving, an increase of 13% from 2012!
- Our Product and Business Development Teams continued to work hard to drive traffic to the site—we had 2.7 million visitors in 2013!
- 70,000 individuals made donations on GlobalGiving in 2013. And 50% of donors chose to add-on a portion of GlobalGiving’s fee to their donation.
- $716,000 in GlobalGiving gift cards were purchased (Unredeemed gift cards provide matching funds for GlobalGiving campaigns!);
- Monthly recurring donation volume on the site increased by 63% thanks to experiments with various promotions and incentive structures. We processed $1.4 million in monthly recurring donations in 2013. (Go Product Team!)
- 60 companies gave $13 million through cause-marketing, grants management, gift card, and employee giving programs with GlobalGiving in 2013!
Blown away? The growth that we experienced in 2013 was no coincidence. The team at GlobalGiving worked hard to attract new donors through media outreach, develop and manage valuable corporate partnerships, and provide you with a better user experience and more opportunities to reach out to your own networks.
Here are some highlights:
- After establishing a successful partnership in 2012, we worked with Microsoft in 2013 to launch YouthSpark on GlobalGiving, making it possible for GlobalGiving Leaders and Superstars providing education, job training, and entrepreneurship opportunities to youth ages six to 24 to benefit from incredible matching opportunities! To kick things off, Microsoft offered $250,000 in matching funds to eligible GlobalGiving partners on #GivingTuesday in December. More than 200 organizations raised $680,000 (not including matching!) in one day, GlobalGiving’s largest online volume day in history!
- In 2013, we hosted more than 15 different fundraising campaigns and promotions, including several new ones such as the Fundraiser Campaign and Year-End Campaign. Our partners raised more than $1.6 million and we gave away more than $220,000 in matching funds and bonus awards! Through your feedback, we’ve learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t work for you and we’ve made some exciting improvements to our 2014 Calendar.
- Our tech team continued to update and improve the website, including an overhaul of our fundraiser pages! These new and improved fundraiser pages make it fun and easy for your donors create personalized fundraisers and reach to family and friends on your behalf! Here are just a few examples of how donors are already using this upgraded feature.
- Based on your feedback, we created our first-ever Online Fundraising Academy, a two month online course including sessions about attracting and retaining donors, crafting compelling messaging, developing campaign strategies, and more! More than 40 organizations participated in this new program—several going on to dramatically improve their fundraising throughout 2013!
- We expanded the Project Leader Leadership Council to include 15 members. The advisory committee helped GlobalGiving make important improvements to the site including the ability to customize project report subject lines!
Ok, so 2013 was amazing but 2014 is going to be even better!
We have already announced our 2014 fundraising calendar with the dates for upcoming matching and fundraising campaigns. Take some time to explore and identify promotions that are right for your organization.
Want to learn more about our 2014 calendar?
Join us for a webinar on Wednesday, January 15th for an overview of our fundraising campaigns and promotions taking place in 2014. We’ll equip you with strategies for successful fundraising in the New Year.
Help us make GlobalGiving better – join the Leadership Council!
The Council acts as an ad hoc advisory committee, providing regular feedback and engaging in discussions about new features on the site and ideas for future campaigns via the Leadership Council Facebook Group and email. Learn more about the Council here. Apply online by Friday, March 7th.