Submit a video or story to GlobalGiving’s Thank You Promotion for the opportunity to be featured in GlobalGiving’s donor communications in December and January!
Forty-six percent of donors say that they stop giving because they feel that their donations were not recognized or appreciated (read more). Uh oh! This is particularly bad news at this time of the year, when organizations around the world are gearing up for year-end fundraising.
According to Network for Good, donors give more than 50% more in November and December than other months of the year. So, what can we do to make sure we don’t lose those valuable supporters? Take a step back before the holiday fundraising frenzy begins and thank them!
October is a great time to let your supporters know how much your organization appreciates their donations. Tell them about the impact that they have had through their donations. Make a video, show a photo, or share a story about an individual whose life has been changed. Thank your supporters on YouTube, Facebook, via monthly newsletter, and GlobalGiving project reports.
GlobalGiving’s Thank You Promotion
Now through November 8th, organizations that thank their donors via GlobalGiving project reports will be eligible for GlobalGiving’s Thank You Promotion. Select submissions will be chosen to be featured in GlobalGiving’s donor communications in December and January. This is a unique opportunity to share your organization’s story with GlobalGiving’s supporters.
Need some inspiration? Check out this video that we made two years ago to thank GlobalGiving donors. Pay attention to the thank you videos that organizations submitted to the GlobalGiving team to share with our community.
How does it work?
- Submit a GlobalGiving project report featuring a thank you video, photo, or story. Special preference will be given to projects that submit videos.* Please note that, unfortunately, videos cannot be embedded in project reports. Please upload your video to YouTube and link to your video in your project report.
- Once you’ve submitted your report, use this online form to send us your project ID, the date of your report, and the link to your thank you video (optional) by Friday, November 8th.
- GlobalGiving will select a few project reports and/or videos to be featured on social media and in other donor communications. Selected organizations will be notified via email.
*What is GlobalGiving looking for in a thank you video?
- Brief, 30 second video. No longer than 60 seconds.
- A quick snapshot of the organization’s success this year.
- A big “thank you” to your donors!
- Close-ups on individuals and faces.
- No copyrighted music or content.
- No vulgar or inappropriate content.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.