The September Fundraiser Campaign is almost here! We can’t wait, and we hope that you are excited too. Our Product Team has been hard at work, revamping this tool, and creating materials for you to provide to your supporters (thank you, Nick V. and Paige!).
We recently hosted a webinar on the Fundraiser Campaign, where we shared information about the campaign, a step-by-step fundraising guide, and tips for success.
If you missed it, or would like to listen to it again, we have you covered! Below find the webinar slides, a recording, along with a summary of what we covered.
This campaign may be new to some, so to learn more check out this recent blog post about the campaign.
Tips for success
- Set your goal- As an organization come together and ask yourselves the following questions: How much money would we like to raise during this campaign? Do we want to fully fund our projects or raise a certain dollar amount closer to our goal? To raise our funding goal, how many supporters should we reach out to? Out of the number of supporters that we reach out to, how many do we need to set up a fundraiser in order to help us reach our goal?
- Identify your network- How should you ask? This is a great opportunity to engage your supporters! Reach out to interns, volunteers, and Board Members. These are groups that are really excited about the work your organization is doing! This is an opportunity for your supporters to tell their networks why they love your work so much.
- Write your pitch- Send out an e-mail to your supporters telling them why you would love for them to set up a fundraiser page. Below, you’ll find a template e-mail to help you with this process.
- Follow-up (pick up the phone/Skype)-We all get so many e-mails these days. Call your supporters, or Skype them, to follow-up with your original e-mail. They love your work and want to hear from you!
Support for you and your supporters
- Click here, for a frequently asked questions page that will help guide your supporters.
- Click here, for a step-by-step guide on creating a fundraising page.
The fundraising tool may be new to you and your supporters, but don’t worry, we have you covered! Below you will find a step-by-step fundraising guide, template e-mails for you and your supporters, and Fundraiser Campaign support sign-ups.
Template E-mail for Your Fundraisers to send to their networks:
Dear Supporter/Advocate/Preferably the person’s name,
You may know that I’ve been involved with [insert organization]. My involvement with [insert cause ] has been so important to me because [insert why you specifically became involved with the organization].
Now, I’m going to ask for a little bit of help. I have set up a fundraiser to spread the word about [insert cause], and raise funds for/so [insert cause ex: students in rural Uganda, more dogs are rescued this year]. I have set a personal goal of raising [insert dollar amount]. Will you help me reach my goal?
To help me reach my goal, and support [insert cause/insert project name]
- Go to [insert fundraiser page]
- Pick your funding amount
- Click the orange donate button
- Proceed to check-out
- Now, pat yourself on the back, you just did something earth-changing
Thank you so much for your support, it means a lot to me and [people like Susie, animals like Paws, etc.].
All the Best/Warm Wishes,
p.s. All donations made to [insert organization]’s project “[insert project title], are tax deductible for US citizens. You will receive a receipt upon check-out.
Template to Supporters
Subject Line: Win JetBlue tickets by supporting [organization name] in September
We cannot thank you enough for your support for [organization name] over the past several [years]. Your support has helped [insert cause, ex: more children in Colombia go to school, rescue dogs in Peru], thank you!
Because you are one of our biggest supporters we thought that you would be interested in a new fundraising tool that will help us spread the word and fundraise for [insert cause] and give you the chance to WIN TWO JETBLUE TICKETS this September
[insert information about your cause for the donor – facts, figures and why it’s an important cause]
You may know that we work with GlobalGiving, an online fundraising platform that connects donors to projects they love. GlobalGiving has a fundraising tool that allows supporters to fundraise for projects that are meaningful to them. You can check it out here. So, where does the JetBlue ticket come in? As a thank you to top fundraisers, GlobalGiving will be giving away two JetBlue tickets (fare restrictions apply), to the fundraiser that raises the most funds, and secures at least 10 unique donors in the month of September
Would you like to learn more? Please feel free to send me an e-mail at [insert e-mail address] or give me a call at [insert phone number] I would love to talk with you more about this opportunity.
Thank you for all your support!
All the Best/Warm Wishes,
- Would you like GlobalGiving to host a fundraiser training for your supporters? Express interest here! If we get enough interest, we will organize a training for your supporters.
- Would you like to set-up a time to talk one-on-one about the campaign? Sign up here!
Still have questions? We would love to help! Feel free to send questions to, Katherine at firstname.lastname@example.org