Would you like a larger say in developing GlobalGiving’s campaigns? Would you like to be the first to see new tools and features before they are rolled out on the site? Apply now for GlobalGiving’s Leadership Council, an advisory committee made up of representatives from our non-profit partners (like you!). Applications are due Friday, February 8th.
If there is one thing that we want you to know about GlobalGIving, it is that we really value and appreciate your feedback and input.
Over the years, so many features and promotions have come about because of your ideas:
- we built a Donation Manager, where you can view all donations made to your projects on GlobalGiving;
- we created a volunteers page and gave our partners the opportunity to share their volunteer needs with our network;
- we made it possible for you to manage your disbursement preferences and reports in the project entry system;
- and so much more!
In fact, we feel so passionately about feedback that we actually made it one of our organization’s four values: Listen. Act. Learn. Repeat.! (We even wrote it on the wall.)
What is the Leadership Council?
The Leadership Council is one way that organizations share feedback with us. It is a committee of representatives from our non-profit partners around the world. In 2012, the Leadership Council was made up of eight fantastic members, who committed to share feedback and ideas regularly via conference call and email. To date, the Council has been asked to review and comment on GlobalGiving’s new microproject feature, our impact framework and the role that impact should play in GlobalGiving’s project ranking, our Online Fundraising Academy design, and more.
A special thanks for our inaugural Council!
What will the Leadership Council be in 2013?
This year, we are looking to identify up to 20 representatives from a range of organizations: long-time GlobalGiving partners, who have seen how GlobalGiving has changed over the years, as well as some of GlobalGiving’s newest community members, who can bring fresh ideas and new perspectives to the group. Ideally, the Council will be made up of representatives from organizations around the globe—representing GlobalGiving’s diverse base of non-profit partners in the U.S. and over 100 other countries—who have varying access to the internet, experience with online fundraising, etc.
The Council will meet via skype or conference call twice a year for about two hours to discuss important issues related to GlobalGiving—campaigns, pricing, new experiments, project ranking, and more.
The Council will also act as an ad hoc advisory committee, providing regular feedback and engaging in discussions about new features on the site and ideas for future campaigns via the new Leadership Council Facebook Group and email.
Members may also receive specific questions or requests from GlobalGiving staff relevant to their country or area or expertise. For example, if you are selected, you may receive infrequent requests for feedback on other organizations in your country or identifying potential guest hosts for monthly trainings. Council members may also be intermittently asked to act as a reference for other GlobalGiving partners in your country or sector who have questions or require some assistance with their GlobalGiving account.
2012 Leadership Council members are invited to remain part of the Council in 2013.
What are the responsibilities of Leadership Council members?
Leadership Council members will be expected to:
- Participate in two 2 hour conference calls via skype or phone throughout the year. Because the Council will be made up of representatives from all over the world, Council members are expected to be flexible with timing (calls may be at night or early in the morning in your country) and accommodating when possible.
- Come to each conference call prepared, having reviewed any material sent out by GlobalGiving staff in preparation for the call. Participants should be prepared to speak knowledgeably about the topic and to share ideas and new suggestions.
- Engage in group discussions about new features on the site and ideas for future campaigns via the new Leadership Council Facebook Group and email.
- Provide advice on new GlobalGiving applicants based in your country and/or on rules and regulations specific to charitable organizations in your country.
What are the benefits of being a Leadership Council member?
As a Council member, you will receive sneak peeks of our newest features and the opportunity to make suggestions on upcoming campaigns, trainings, and more. This is a great way to have a larger say in GlobalGiving’s programming and to help make GlobalGiving an even more valuable and effective tool for organizations like yours around the world!
Interested? Please apply online here by Friday, February 8th. We will review your application and get back to you by March 1st to let you know if you have been selected for the Leadership Council!