Bonus Day is just around the corner! GlobalGiving is hosting our third and final Bonus Day of the year on October 17, 2012.
See below for the complete Terms and Conditions as well as tips on mobilizing donors from Riverkids Foundation, who did an exceptional job mobilizing their donors earning $39,572 in donations, plus matching and bonus funds which brought their project $49,688!
Bonus Day Terms and Conditions
- Bonus Day begins at 12:01 am EDT on October 17, 2012.
- GlobalGiving is offering a 30% match on all donations up to $1,000 per donor per project.
- There is $50,000 in matching funds. Once funds have been depleted, no more donations will be matched.
- The organization that raises the most funds on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- The organization that has the most unique donors on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- Projects must be approved and live on the GlobalGiving.org website by October 12th to be eligible.
- Only online donations (credit card or PayPal) are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving sites (including Nike, Eli Lilly, Global Action Atlas, etc) are NOT eligible for matching.
- Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted towards the donor bonus award.
- GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning bonus awards and matching.
PLEASE NOTE: Matching funds ran out very quickly in our June Bonus Day. We expect funds to last longer this October 17th—we ended last year’s October Bonus Day with $13,000 to spare! But we encourage you to get donations in early. Be creative! Take into account your time zone and ways that you can motivate donors to give early in the day (or even the night before).
Riverkids Foundation tips on mobilizing donors
- Create excitement around the campaign by emailing existing donors a Bonus Day countdown
- When contacting donors share stories. Tell donors how Bonus Day will benefit your organization’s beneficiaries.
- Make it personal and pick up the phone, call donors.
Questions and Suggestions?
As we plan for 2013, we are considering ways that we can ensure that Bonus Day is beneficial for every organization and donor—even if funds run out early! Thank you for your suggestions. Stay tuned for more announcements about Bonus Days in 2013.
Please emails questions and suggestions to Katherine Sammons, firstname.lastname@example.org