GlobalGiving is excited to host our third and final Bonus Day of the year on October 17, 2012. GlobalGiving’s previous Bonus Day was a huge success with projects collectively earning $350,449 and $100,000 in matching funds!
See below for complete Terms and Conditions as well as tips for successfully mobilizing donors this Bonus Day!
Bonus Day Terms and Conditions
- Bonus Day begins at 12:01 am EDT on October 17, 2012.
- GlobalGiving is offering a 30% match on all donations up to $1,000 per donor per project.
- There is $50,000 in matching funds. Once funds have been depleted, no more donations will be matched.
- The organization that raises the most funds on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- The organization that has the most unique donors on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- Projects must be approved and live on the GlobalGiving.org website by October 12th to be eligible.
- Only online donations (credit card or PayPal) are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving sites (including Nike, Eli Lilly, Global Action Atlas, etc) are NOT eligible for matching.
- Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted towards the donor bonus award.
- GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning bonus awards and matching.
PLEASE NOTE: Matching funds ran out very quickly in our June Bonus Day. We expect funds to last longer this October 17th—we ended last year’s October Bonus Day with $13,000 to spare! But we encourage you to get donations in early. Be creative! Take into account your time zone and ways that you can motivate donors to give early in the day (or even the night before).
As we plan for 2013, we are considering ways that we can ensure that Bonus Day is beneficial for every organization and donor—even if funds run out early! Thank you for your suggestions. Stay tuned for more announcements about Bonus Days in 2013.
Tips on mobilizing donors
1. Give your donors advanced notice. Let them know about the Bonus Day a week in advance.
2. Identify advocates. Ask them to help you spread the word about Bonus Day. Consider giving them a specific goal—to raise $1,000 or to recruit 10 donors. Offer an incentive—a small gift, website recognition—to your supporters for fundraising on your behalf.
3. Post a project report. Your project reports are emailed directly to your donors. Use them to notify your supporters about this matching opportunity. Project reports are emailed the day after they’re approved.
4. Email your supporters early on Bonus Day. There are limited funds available for matching! Matching begins at 12:01 am EDT. Get started early! Emphasize the match and the importance of giving now.
5. Make sure that your project link is easy to find and sends donors directly to your project.
6. Build excitement on your Facebook and Twitter! Ask your fans and followers to donate and spread the word. Update them throughout the day with your progress. Ask donors to comment once they’ve made a donation.
7. Reach out to your large donors personally. GlobalGiving will match up to $1,000 per donor per project on Bonus Day. Reach out to your large donors via email or phone.
Email Katherine Sammons at firstname.lastname@example.org.