GlobalGiving is excited to host the Tohoku Recovery Matching Campaign starting November 1st to 15th this year! Starting at 12:01 am EDT on November 1st (13:01 pm JST on November 1st) GlobalGiving will match online donations at 100% made to projects that are related to earthquake and tsunami recovery activities in Tohoku, Japan. Qualifying organizations will receive an email from GlobalGiving with more information about participating. If you are working in the Tohoku region and have not received an invitation to participate, contact Mari Seto at email@example.com.
- All donations will be matched 100%
What are the terms for the Matching Campaign?
- All donations will be matched 100%;
- Matching Campaign begins at 12:01am EDT on November 1, 2012 (13:01 pm JST on November 1st) until November 15, 2012 at 11:59pm EDT (13:59pm JST on November 16) or until funds run out.
- There is $100,000 in matching funds. Once funds have been depleted, no more donations will be matched.
- Only organizations that are working on relief or recovery efforts in the Tohoku region of Japan are eligible for these matching funds. GlobalGiving reserves the right to approve all projects included in the campaign ahead of time.
- GlobalGiving will match up until $1,000 per donor per project through Nov 15, 212 until matching funds run out;
- GlobalGiving will match up to $25,000 per organization.
- The project that raises the most funds during the campaign will receive an additional $1,000 bonus grant from GlobalGiving.
- The project that has the most unique donors during the campaign will receive an additional $1,000 bonus grant from GlobalGiving.
- Projects must be approved and live on the GlobalGiving.org website by October 29th to be eligible;
- Projects that located in Japan, but not working on Tohoku-related issues will NOT eligible for this matching campaign.
- Only online donations (credit card or PayPal) are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible;
- Only donations made at www.globalgiving.org are eligible for this match. Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites (including Nike, Eli Lilly, Global Action Atlas, etc) are NOT eligible for matching.
- We encourage you to get donations in early, because matching funds will likely run out before the end of the campaign.
- Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted towards the donor bonus award.
- Please note that GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning bonus awards and matching.