One of the first steps to a strong project page is a powerful photo. Photos are often the first thing donors see when they’re searching for projects to support. They help donors understand your organization and community in ways that cannot be explained in words. Take advantage of this opportunity to share your work.
To promote the best photos of our partners, GlobalGiving is hosting our third annual photo contest! As in the past, you will need to submit your photo on your project page, let us know which photos you want to submit for the contest, and then your donors will vote. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage your donors and maybe get some new supporters without asking for funds!
How to Submit your Photos:
1. Upload your photos to your project page by July 18, 2012 at 11:59pm. Find out how to upload a photo here. Each organization may submit up to 3 photos total for the competition
2. Find your photo’s web address. Here’s how you do that.
3. Submit the web addresses of your photos in this entry form
You must submit the entry form no later than July 20th at 11:59pm ET!
Photo Contest Rules:
- Each organization may submit up to three photos total. These can all be from the same project or from two or three different projects, but they must be related to your project on GlobalGiving.
- An independent judge will select 15 finalists each from five categories based on the theme of your project. Your photos will be automatically placed in a category based on the primary theme of the project your photo is from at the time your entry form is submitted. These categories and the themes included in each will be:
- Give Knowledge
- Give Relief
- Give Support
- Give Hope
- Give Green
- The 75 finalist photos (15 finalists each from five categories) will be uploaded for voting on the GlobalGiving website starting August 1. In previous years the contest has been hosted on Facebook. Because of new Facebook rules regulating contest, we are moving the voting to the GlobalGiving.org site this year.
- Voting takes place from August 1, 2012 at noon EDT until August 15, 2012 at noon EDT.
- Only organizations that have active projects on www.globalgiving.org (not globalgiving.uk or any of our corporate sites) may participate.
Want to learn about donor mobilization? Then join us for a webinar hosted by the winner of both of our previous photo contest, Katie Meyler of More than Me Foundation. She won last year’s photo contest with an astounding 1,200 votes. She is going to share her tips and tools for mobilizing your existing donor network!
• Date: July 18th, 2012
• Time: 9am EDT or 3pm EDT
• Link: www.anymeeting.com/globalgiving1
- The one photo with the most votes overall at noon EDT on August 15 will be awarded a $1,000 bonus to support the organization’s work and will be featured on the GlobalGiving homepage for a full day!
- One runner-up from each of the remaining categories will each be featured for a full day on the GlobalGiving homepage and will be highlighted though GlobalGiving’s social media outreach.
If you have any questions, please email Katherine Sammons at firstname.lastname@example.org