This June, GlobalGiving is hosting a three-part webinar series on corporate giving. On Thursday June 14th we were pleased to have guest host, Kim Patton from the Foundation Center, join us for the first webinar in the series! Kim answered questions about corporate giving and offered suggestions for how your organization can create corporate partnerships. If you missed Kim’s webinar you can find some highlights below as well as links to her slideshow and discussion:
Are you wondering if corporate partnerships are right for your organization and how your organization can find a possible corporate match? Kim suggests you reflect on the following questions:
- How does corporate fundraising fit into your overall fundraising plan?
- What are the types of companies with which you do/don’t want to work?
- How will your various constituents react to a potential corporate donor?
- How much time and effort can you put into securing corporate partnership?
- Does your organization have volunteer opportunities for corporate employees?
- Do corporate employees benefit from your organization’s work?
Putting your organization in the best position for securing corporate sponsorship
- Utilize the contacts you have in the corporate world, network
- Know what corporations are working in your community
- Gauge your organization’s capacity to publicize corporate support
Finding corporate partners
- Find companies located near you
- Find companies which may be interested in your work, for example: Is the company’s work geared towards women?
- Find companies providing the type of partnership that you need, example: volunteers, in-kind donations
How to approach a corporate supporter
- Find out who in the company is the best person to speak with
- Find an employee who is passionate about your cause
- Come up with talking points that will help you connect
Resources to help with your corporate sponsorship search
- Corporate Giving Online
- Foundation Directory Online
- Foundation Center resource list: http://foundationcenter.org/course_materials/free_training/