GlobalGiving’s Mother’s Day Tribute Card Campaign kicks off at 12:01 am EDT on May 1, 2012. GlobalGiving is offering $500 prizes to each of the top 10 projects with the most donors who make donations as gifts. Your project only needs 10 donors to qualify for a bonus prize. Take advantage of this popular holiday and fundraising promotion to drive more donations to your project!
How does it work?
Donors can make a donation as a gift to a friend or family member on your project on www.globalgiving.org by selecting the third giving option, “gift or in honor of,” under the orange donate button on the project page. GlobalGiving will send the gift recipient an email, print-at-home, or physical card. We offer several fun card designs and we give your donors the option to choose a design customized for your project, using your project’s main photo (this option is available for email and print-at-home cards).
The Tribute Card Campaign gives your donors an extra incentive to give to your project(s) during the first two weeks of May. A donation to your project is a fantastic (and easy) gift for Mom on Mother’s Day! It is also a great way to help your organization win an extra $500 in spending money for your programs. What donor doesn’t like to get extra value for their donation?
- $500 will be awarded to each of the top 10 projects with the most unique donors who make donations as gifts.
- A project must have at least 10 unique tribute card donors to be eligible for bonus awards;
- The campaign will begin on Tuesday, May 1 at 12:01 am EDT and will end on Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 11:59 pm EDT.
- Paper cards, print-at-home cards, and e-cards are all eligible to be included in the campaign.
- Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites (including Nike, Global Action Atlas, etc) are NOT eligible for this campaign.
- Only permanent GlobalGiving partners (not those participating in the Monthly Invitational) are eligible for this campaign.
- Projects must be live on the GlobalGiving site by 5 pm EDT on Monday, April 30, 2012 to be included in this campaign.
- Only online donations will qualify for this campaign; no check donations will be accepted.
- Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We are monitoring these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted towards the threshold.
- Please note that GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the adjudication of unique donors and final results of campaign.
As always, we encourage you to use project reports, email newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media to spread the word about this campaign! Donors won’t give unless you ask. Here are some tips to help you craft your communications:
- 1. Share a direct link to the “gift or in-honor-of” tab on your project page. Donors give when it’s easy. Include the direct link in all of your emails, project reports, and social media messages. Here’s how you create the direct link to the “gift” option:
- [Project URL] + ?show=gift
- See an example of the direct link here: http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/empowerment-of-teenage-mothers/?show=gift.
- 2. Market this campaign as a “last minute gift idea” for Mom! This campaign starts just 12 days before Mother’s Day. Remind your supporters that GlobalGiving offers e-cards and print-at-home cards, making a donation to your project the perfect last-minute Mother’s Day gift!
- 3. Give your supporters specific gift options–$50 provides a microloan to a woman in Uganda or $40 provides one year of school for a child in India. This makes it easy for your donors to decide what to give Mom!
- 4. Encourage moms to ASK for a donation to your project as a gift for Mother’s Day! Ok, so your supporters have already made donations to your project as gifts. But, have they asked their family and friends for a donation as a gift for Mother’s Day? This is an easy way for your supporters to help you spread the word and mobilize more donors for this campaign!
- 5. Share a story and a photo of a child, woman, or furry friend that will benefit from this Mother’s Day gift.
- 6. Remind your donors about the added value of making a donation during this campaign—a $500 bonus awards for your organization! Tell your supporters exactly what you could accomplish if you qualify as one of the 10 winners of this campaign. Could you put another child through school? Could you save another acre of rainforest? Whatever it is, let your donors know!