We are quickly approaching the first Bonus Day of 2012! The Bonus Day will start at 12:01 am EST on March 14th, 2012. GlobalGiving will be matching online donations made on Bonus Day at 30% until the $50,000 in funds runs out. We will also be offering additional prizes for organizations that raise the most on Bonus Day and have the most unique donors. See the official terms and conditions for Bonus Day below.
Last year, organizations raised over $800,000 in three Bonus Days. The October 19th Bonus Day brought in $294,173 alone!
Need some advice for Bonus Day fundraising? Check out our five best tips!
- Post a Project Report! This will get sent to all your GlobalGiving donors with the link directly back to your project page. Remember to submit the report no later than March 12th so it gets approved and emailed before Bonus Day! Check out a great Bonus Day report!
- Get your supporters to help out! Ask them to spread the word about Bonus Day and rally your donors. Make sure they are well-informed and give them goals for their outreach. Also, consider offering an incentive to the supporter that brings in the most donations!
- Start strong and early! Remember, Bonus Day ends when the matching funds run out, so make sure your donors don’t wait until the end of the day. Gain momentum early, Bonus Day starts at 12:01 EST (what time is that where I live?).
- Get excited and share! Share on Facebook and tweet on Twitter about this great opportunity and motivate your donors to give to your project. Have your friends and supporters do the same. Ask them to share, comment, like, and tweet at least once on Bonus Day to get the word out.
- Remind your donors the morning of Bonus Day! A quick reminder in the morning on Bonus Day can ensure your donors haven’t forgotten to give. Sending a short note and a link to your project page is a great way to make it easy for them to give! You might even want to call some major donors.
Bonus Day terms:
- There is $50,000 available matching funds;
- Matching is applied at 30% up to $1,000 per donor per project on March 14, 2012 between 12:01am and 11:59 pm EDT (GMT-5) until matching funds run out;
- Projects must be approved and live on the GlobalGiving.org website by March 12th to be eligible;
- The organization that raises the most funds on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- The organization that has the most unique donors on Bonus Day will receive an additional $1,000 from GlobalGiving.
- Projects participating in the March Invitational Challenge are NOT eligible for Bonus Day
- Only online donations (credit card or PayPal) are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible;
- All online donations received through the GlobalGiving.org site will be eligible for the 30% matching funds and additional $1,000 prizes. Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites (including Nike, Eli Lilly, Global Action Atlas, etc) are NOT eligible for matching.
- We encourage you to get donations in early, because matching funds will likely run out before the end of the day.
Please note that GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the adjudication of unique donors and final results of Bonus Day and will adjust results accordingly.